What's new
What's new

Integrex stopping and setting in front of part during live tapping cycle

ASARGENT

Cast Iron
I have a 2001 integrex 200 with a fusion control. i was sporadically finding the machine just setting there with the tap in front of the part and the cycle start light still lit up. I would do a restart and it would come down and tap and then wouldn't do it again for a couple of days or weeks. Now i cannot get it to tap a hole. It stops on every live tapping cycle and won't tap the hole. No alarm. Anyone have this happen and if so, what was the problem?

thanks.

is the spindle stopping too?

no alarms, so its probably something simple., do you see the single block light flashing when it halts? I would check your door switch, maybe wiggle the door around when you see it hang up,

other idea is maybe a plg sensor on the mill spindle is flaky if the spindle is sitting there running.

good luck!

steve

Call mazak service see if they have a couple of ideas for you, and also i have luck sometimes just calling mitsubishi. Mitsubishi's tech support has always been very good for me.

The Elder Gods at work had this tapping problem on the Integrex. I wasn't the one who operated that machine, so all I remember is that it was repaired by altering a single parameter (or maybe setting it back to its default state). Unfortunately I cannot help you further. Should be an easy one to fix for a good tech, though finding those seems to be hard sometimes...

Throw it in single block mode, and look at the EIA code being sent. You can easily see it in single block, while it will fly right by in Mazatrol. See what the last commands was for. It's missing the confirmation that that requested commands has completed, and is sitting waiting for the confirmation before moving on. That will tell you where to look for the problem. Until you know what that problem is exactly, it's almost impossible to solve.

If you can monitor the ladder, you can look at which confirmation is missing there as well. That's faster, but a bit more technical knowledge is required.

Good luck,

Stu

I've had my Multiplex dwell for several seconds in front of the hole before tapping, but never stopping all together. I have found that writing my tapping cycles in an EIA sub program fixes that.

Brian

Thanks for everyone's input. i will try to write in an EIA format first and if that does not work, I will call tech. support and offer up a couple of the ideas that have been presented to me.

thanks again

I know this is old but did you ever resolve this issue. I am having the same issue. It used to work fine but after a software issue requiring the tech to reinstate the software, it doesn't work anymore and he can't get it sorted. The machine has the fixed tapping option verified but the program hangs waiting just above the job. I was told it would be just a 1 or 0 in the parameters but don't know where to find the correct parameter to try.

I have a 2001 integrex 200 with a fusion control. i was sporadically finding the machine just setting there with the tap in front of the part and the cycle start light still lit up. I would do a restart and it would come down and tap and then wouldn't do it again for a couple of days or weeks. Now i cannot get it to tap a hole. It stops on every live tapping cycle and won't tap the hole. No alarm. Anyone have this happen and if so, what was the problem?

thanks.
Hi did you ever work out what the problem was?

what about PLC status screen? Where all signals are available? Assuming that NC is operational and OKAY, maybe it is not flagged by PLC to start tapping. Say, main spindle not is in synchronization mode. I am just giving an example

Back