What's new
What's new

Just bought SQT18MY... questions

SMT

Hot Rolled
Anyone put an LNS hydrobar on one before?

We're going to attempt it. I don't have quite enough info on the feeder as it came with no books (ebay) but I think we can make it work.

Anyone put HP coolant on one of these?

We're going to give that a shot too.

Im a new shop and this is my first machine. Very excited, scared, happy, nervous, overjoyed. . .you name it :D

Where might I find a list of G and M codes for this machine? It came with all the books except the programming manual. It does have EIA/Mazatrol but I have no idea how to M code the chuck open/close, parts catcher on/off etc.

I have a lot of experience with Okuma's IGF conversational and the Mazatrol seems similar. Im still toward the bottom of the learning curve though.

Any insight from you all would be appreciated.

Thanks!

SMT

if you look in the back of the electricals there is probly a page on LNS interface, i've got an old hydrobar schematic maybe.
the turret seals are probly good for a couple hundred psi but not much more
the rest is for the application boys

Contact Mazak

When I worked there, at least in my region, we embraced used machines. It would be worth your time to call your local Mazak Tech Center and register your machine with them.

They absolutely cannot give you any records for your machine. Only the seller can do that.

But, they can help you with info pertinent to your machine and problem. I'm referring specifically to the E-BILL, which is a Bill of Material made by Mazak KY that is complete documentation for things like your barfeed interface. They do it for most field or factory installed options. probes, rotary tables high pressure coolant chip conveyors, etc.

Mazak is smart. They know used machine support grows into new machine sales. I saw that repeatedly when I was there.

-jim

Good info, thanks.

I did manage to get all the manuals on .pdf through my mazak salesman :)

I called lns and they said the unit I have will not work with my lathe. They said my feeder is 110v out while the sqt wants 24v.

At this point I think I may just operate the feeder separately and determine how many parts I can safely get out of a bar ahead of time.

Ill report back how that works.

How many control/feedback lines are there for the barfeed? Interface voltage change should not be too hard if that's the only issue...

I called lns and they said the unit I have will not work with my lathe. They said my feeder is 110v out while the sqt wants 24v.

would seem simple enough to drive a low voltage relay with the 110 signal

That's kinda what I was thinking. Lns quoted $350 for the correct interface and $2600 to rewire the control box.

I thought that was nuts!

Lns

I guess you do not have barfeed interface?
If LNS can get you running for $3K that is a deal, a couple of years ago Mazak wanted $5K for the interface, before installing it, then LNS would have to hook it up.

LandM1

Back