What's new
What's new

Kitagawa actuator dissambely

simonswb6

Aluminum
Hi
im hoping someone can help, as the title suggests i have a kitagawa actuator s1875 that is leaking oil down the tube at a fairly significant rate. im having problems getting the back ring off. It appears that it just unscrews, but maybe im missing something? The first ring i was able to get out ok, as that was just held in with an oring. This came off a Mazak QT18.

kit1.jpg20181118_074140 (1).jpg

Try removing the fittings from the assembly, they are probably holding it together. Are your bearings bad? That is the section the bearings are located. You do not need to take that apart unless you plan to change the bearings. Put those small bolts back in. You need to remove the piston only, a simple job. Don't make it harder. :)

Last edited:
Post photos of all the parts you have taken off. Once those fittings are removed use gravity and a block of wood. Suction, oil and o-rings are holding it together. You will know when you are making progress because you will have oil everywhere. :)

Kitagawa Disassembly

For those who want to fix their hydraulic leak themselves, this pdf will help. Most of these cylinders are assembled the same way, Kitagawa, Samchully, Tonfou, Auto Strong ect.

The fan cover usually covers the cylinder cap bolts, remove these bolts and the cap, then the piston and shaft comes out. It's a messy job but relatively simple.

Or if you prefer to do a complete rebuild this pdf should help. I have rebuilt these on a lot of different machines for the price of a few o-rings, where the manufacturer want $12K to rebuild colet closers etc. The Hardinge lathes has a left handed thread if my memory is correct, but nothing too complicated.

Actuator disassembly

For those who want to fix their hydraulic leak themselves, this pdf will help. Most of these cylinders are assembled the same way, Kitagawa, Samchully, Tonfou, Auto Strong ect.

The fan cover usually covers the cylinder cap bolts, remove these bolts and the cap, then the piston and shaft comes out. It's a messy job but relatively simple.

Or if you prefer to do a complete rebuild this pdf should help. I have rebuilt these on a lot of different machines for the price of a few o-rings, where the manufacturer want $12K to rebuild colet closers etc. The Hardinge lathes has a left handed thread if my memory is correct, but nothing too complicated.

Actuator disassembly

>The fan cover usually covers the cylinder cap bolts,
i have is separated about 1" by using a piece of wood, are the cap bolts circled the ones you are referring to?

below are all the pieces i have taken off.
20181118_122847.jpgkit.jpg

Attachments

• kit1.jpg
    kit1.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 373
No, not the ones circled. The bolts are labeled #06 in the PDF, right next to o-ring #14. They go into the piston housing. You might need a stubby hex wrench.

Actuator disassembly

Hi, could you please forward your pdf to [email protected], I have a leaky kitagawa cylinder to go at next week. (can't get onedrive to open)
Thanks...

I am trying to fix a leak on my kitagawa as well and have the seal kit. The pdf is not working and I can't figure out what should happen next. Any links to the pdf? The screws on that back black plate have been taken out and it spins on the shaft, but I cant get it to pop off. ANy next steps would sure be helpful to remove the shaft!

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 215
  • Capture2.jpg
    Capture2.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 220
I am trying to fix a leak on my kitagawa as well and have the seal kit. The pdf is not working and I can't figure out what should happen next. Any links to the pdf? The screws on that back black plate have been taken out and it spins on the shaft, but I cant get it to pop off. ANy next steps would sure be helpful to remove the shaft!

Nevermind y'all! I was able to pop that back plate off and everything started coming apart from there on, seals replaced, no leaks!

No, not the ones circled. The bolts are labeled #06 in the PDF, right next to o-ring #14. They go into the piston housing. You might need a stubby hex wrench.

Hi guys,
I am going to fix my SYH1877 actuator this summer, please can You @Other Brother upload the PDF again somewhere? E.g. Google drive?

Regards!
Arco

Would anyone still have this PDF available. We're getting coolant into the hydraulic tank and this is the only way we can see that this may happening - so we were looking at rebuilding our Kitagawa S1875-21E

Other Brother, just curious if you still have this PDF available. We're getting coolant into the hydraulic tank and this is the only way we can see that this may happening - so we were looking at rebuilding our Kitagawa S1875-21E

Back