What's new
What's new

Lathe center crash, centerline is off

Andrew.Quality

Plastic
We had a bad crash on a Mazak quick turn nexus 100 ms. Tools were about .150" above centerline because the turret was knocked out of position.
We had mazak out for repairs and he reset the turret rotation so it runs true with the X axis. The machine still leaves a .016-.020" nub when facing. when I went to dial the drill holder in it was out about .040" total runout the highpoint being what would be Y axis. How do we bring the machine back on center if we can't operate the Y axis?

1mm is a lot, if you clock x-axis and it's perfect, then you either broke turret assembly or spindle mounts. Never seen that much error. What about centerline of sub sprindle?

Wysłane z mojego D5803 przy użyciu Tapatalka

We had a bad crash on a Mazak quick turn nexus 100 ms. Tools were about .150" above centerline because the turret was knocked out of position.
We had mazak out for repairs and he reset the turret rotation so it runs true with the X axis. The machine still leaves a .016-.020" nub when facing. when I went to dial the drill holder in it was out about .040" total runout the highpoint being what would be Y axis. How do we bring the machine back on center if we can't operate the Y axis?

The turret is still not on center. Sweep an internal holder with a co-axial indicator. I can just about guarantee that the turret centerline is not concentric with the spindle. Sounds like they DID NOT repair your machine correctly.

The turret is still not on center. Sweep an internal holder with a co-axial indicator. I can just about guarantee that the turret centerline is not concentric with the spindle. Sounds like they DID NOT repair your machine correctly.

BUT FIRST, take a test cut on whichever spindle the crash occurred on.
If there is taper, that spindle is out of alignment.
It may not be the turret.

Back