What's new
What's new

Looking for a Hercules Ajax Mazak 18 Lathe Manual

jtreth

Plastic
I just purchased an old Mazak 18 Lathe but it didn't come with any manual. Does anyone have a source? I found one on Ebay but they want $125 for it.

Thanks
Jeff

I've got one, not sure where I put it at the moment.

I paid too much much for it also ;-)

The two on ebay and Lathe.uk are the only three known at this time. The 125 seller may offer a e-copy for 99.00 or so if you make an offer. I am repairing a 18 X 60 at present and may be able to with specific questions.

Anyone here want to share that manual with me, a new hercules owner? I get the need for this person to make a living but I don't love the idea of shelling out $100+ for a manual that should be free. Thanks! I will be sure to be around with pictures and questions soon as the rebuild begins.

Anyone here want to share that manual with me, a new hercules owner? I get the need for this person to make a living but I don't love the idea of shelling out $100+ for a manual that should be free. Thanks! I will be sure to be around with pictures and questions soon as the rebuild begins.

Why should it be free???? Do you work for free?

Because owners manuals should be free with purchase and because there is effectively zero cost to sharing pdfs and because the company no longer provides support so owners should support each other to increase the community of users. I'm not asking for up to date proprietary software, but a manual for a 45+ year old piece of equipment.

Hello. New to this forum. Just bought a Mazak Hercules Ajax. Had it running before I bought it. It was wired directly to the drive motor and the guy started it by turning on and off a breaker. The machine is in good shape but somebody has messed with the wiring. Would you have a wiring diagram for it? Any help would be hugely appreciated.

I've started a FB group page Mazak Hercules Ajax Manual Lathe for anyone who has a Mazak Hercules Ajax. There's little information about these machines. I also have included two manual's in the "Files" section at the top of the page free for anyone who wants them. Check it out.

Back