What's new
What's new

M codes don't execute, QT15N with a T32B control

razielaka

Plastic
Hi Mazakers,
I have a Hyundai QT15N with a T32B control. A problem I have is that it doesn't execute M codes. Nothing happens when I add an M code process in a Mazatrol program. For example, I can manually switch the coolant on but M08 does nothing (no alarms either). M48 (parts catcher) and M05 (spindle stop) don't work either (The parts catcher works using the manual button on the machine and the spindle works normally apart from the M code issue). The most I was able to get out of the control in terms of M codes was an Illegal M Code alarm when trying to retract the tail sleeve before cut off using M32 (tail sleeve reverse). I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or what. I've checked the manuals and I couldn't find anything about the issue. I'm not sure if it's a parameter problem or the machine doesn't support M codes or something else entirely. I would appreciate any pointers on the matter.
All the best

Edit:
Alright... I think I was a bit hasty in saying that M codes don't work at all. They do and I've been able to use them in a test program after changing a few things. For example, I was trying to use some M codes in the M code process which apparently should be used in the MNL process (not sure why though). I still have the problem of advancing and retracting the tail sleeve. I'm getting the Illegal M Code alarm. I've tried M31 and M32 (tail sleeve advance/retract) on their own and also preceded by M10 and M11 (tailstock body joint on/off). None of these worked. Maybe something is wrong in the machine parameters or maybe I'm still doing something wrong in the program.
Note: My tailstock body has to be moved by hand and doesn't have any sensors. The tail sleeve is hydraulic and extends/retracts using a switch on the control.

Last edited:
I tried adding M32 (tail sleeve retract) into PNos 1 and 2 as well as in the M code column in sequences 1-3 in PNo 2 but I'm still getting the Illegal M Code alarm. Sample program attached.
Sample Program.jpg

Did you know that to be able to use M8 you must activate coolant on auto mode at every start-up of the machine?
Yeah, I realized that after my post.
My present problem is that the tail sleeve won't retract using the M 32 code. Is there a specific procedure to do this other than stopping the spindle before executing the code?

I know you have to use M5 to stop spindle.
And I think you need to use M10 or M11 before M32
M10 = Pinol only
M11 = Pinol and body

Sorry for the late reply.

I've tried 8 different possibilities for the program using the above information. Still getting the illegal M code alarm. Maybe it is deactivated in the parameters. Do you, or anyone else, have a T32B control with working tailstock quill using M code 31/32? If so, could you send me a pic of the R parameter page (Machine parameters, page 11)?
Thanks in advance.

Did you ever solve this ?

I also have a Hyundai QT15N with a T32B control

My relay board in the re door has both the quill forward and quill reverse relays fitted but the same as you it will not extend or retract when commanded by M31/M32

Thanks
Marc

Hi Mazakers,
I have a Hyundai QT15N with a T32B control. A problem I have is that it doesn't execute M codes. Nothing happens when I add an M code process in a Mazatrol program. For example, I can manually switch the coolant on but M08 does nothing (no alarms either). M48 (parts catcher) and M05 (spindle stop) don't work either (The parts catcher works using the manual button on the machine and the spindle works normally apart from the M code issue). The most I was able to get out of the control in terms of M codes was an Illegal M Code alarm when trying to retract the tail sleeve before cut off using M32 (tail sleeve reverse). I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or what. I've checked the manuals and I couldn't find anything about the issue. I'm not sure if it's a parameter problem or the machine doesn't support M codes or something else entirely. I would appreciate any pointers on the matter.
All the best

Edit:
Alright... I think I was a bit hasty in saying that M codes don't work at all. They do and I've been able to use them in a test program after changing a few things. For example, I was trying to use some M codes in the M code process which apparently should be used in the MNL process (not sure why though). I still have the problem of advancing and retracting the tail sleeve. I'm getting the Illegal M Code alarm. I've tried M31 and M32 (tail sleeve advance/retract) on their own and also preceded by M10 and M11 (tailstock body joint on/off). None of these worked. Maybe something is wrong in the machine parameters or maybe I'm still doing something wrong in the program.
Note: My tailstock body has to be moved by hand and doesn't have any sensors. The tail sleeve is hydraulic and extends/retracts using a switch on the control.
Parts catcher parameter on my sqt15
Machine parameter R52 is 00001000 if all zeros you will get illegal param alarm .

Mazak sqt15 Parts catcher parameter is in machine parameter R52 00001000 if you're getting illegal param with m48/49 check this.

Back