What's new
What's new

M2 control for vqc 2050b reinitialize procedure need help no tool data page

Jgryz450

Cast Iron
So after a couple of months of waiting I finally got this machine in a place where I have a powered up and everything's all ready to go the first time I turn it on everything is great except for the 22 some check air which was easy to fix with the second dip switch putting it in the opposite direction and turning the machine on and off then after being tired of having that alarm I decided to change the batteries in the FX 784 - 8 board but before I did that I was having tool data errors for instance my numbers were not in the correct sequence and they were coming up highlighted with crazy numbers and letters where the one through 24 should be I have a micro disk and a parameter disk backup but can't get the control to load it also all the parameters are correct to the book except for the Cs parameters there is a lot of numbers in those blocks where the book shows nothing and I can't change or delete them it just won't let me I can change all the others just fine I'm also getting a 408 program error that goes 408 and parentheses 1 and 37 end parentheses so since I have no tool data page now whatsoever all it is is the first line on the top no numbers no nothing I was told to reinitialize the control I thought I had by changing the second dip switch over and turning the machine on and off a couple times but that doesn't work to fix the problem so if someone could tell me the correct way to reinitialize the machine or delete all the parameters and and put them all back in correctly to the book or check out there is and see if there's CS parameters have six numbers in each one it says it references memory but I can't make sense of it this really stinks because when I first fired up the machine it was fine besides the mazatrol programs being all fumbled , once I deleted them and wrote my own everything was fine then all of a sudden I lose my tool data completely the sum check error is gone the new batteries. So any help would greatly be appreciated . I also checked the batteries on the other three boards and they were fine they had 3.6 volts
0dc3e8ac3ebd4b3a3ab16254afa4f0ed.jpg
b996707e200c4dbdaa4980ade61fb519.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I really hope this might just be a parameter issue and I thought that throwing the second dip switch was how you initialize the control but obviously it's not because it didn't help .
410d4b0aa94e56f39e74ea170f57e928.jpg
1d8b36dde706ded2068ccd2d89bfd042.jpg
642169e3a63458c1b819b96790cc8ae1.jpg
25a97d100c8fd4a43716377eaa8ff83b.jpg
acfe96a1ea7027f50404446aa952a444.jpg

I dont have my manuals wirh me at the moment but the 1 and 37 will define what the problem is. It is in the electrical manual from memory

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thanks guys i really appreciate this! As for changing the batterys i went thru with a meter on all and only found 1 bad on the fx784.8 board. It was down to 2.5v, the rest(supposedly changed 2 weeks before i bought it were at 3.6 yet) i found that if u take your batterys and boards to a batterys, bulbs,and more its 9.51$ us. For each hand made battery pack verses to 60bucks a piece mazak wants. The batterys are 3$ each and they solder and spot weld for free(basicly they like workin on cool stuff) haha

Oh the battery was off the board all night so im sure(hope) capaciter discharged. And re-re-initializing basicly means(kill everything)remove jumpers/discharge capaciter so memory clears completly ?

Ya u guys are right , book says 3months on the batterys so im gonna change all of them, i found on my board that the solder was cracked were the battery terminal goes to the board and that the bottom led was broke so i had all that fixed to. It had smegg all caked on the bottom so i very carefully hand cleaned with a light brush and mass airflow sencer cleaner(safest thing to use,no residue) works good on O2 sensers too lol

Sudzy how did you ever find that little trick? I looked and there isnt anything in the book? Also is eia an option? Because i couldnt get the option button anywere? I think the guy swapped out the whole control box and gave me a different book? When i was reloading the parameters there wasnt an eia page? Or is the control that wonky right now?

Will do after work tommorow. Got 10hr of getting nowwere. So it seems i was fooled with this buy. The mitshu book he gave me said it had eia/3d comp. He also said original control had a bad board so he changed out the whole cage. Am i even able to run tape mode off of my computer ? I have cam software i wanted to use. I have dnccnc or something like that thats really old. It was on a floppy, so i copied the floppy to another. (Yes we still use floppys) lol . And ya i did the drum change. Thank you so much for that! My ? Is for the 408 clear do you start on the position page, then the 4th from right is tool data, hold those 3 then hold increment button? Then type in 7777? Ya mine says noooope. Not gonna happen.....so i tryd killin it tonight with no luck because i was short on time. I think the capactors came down to .01 n i threw it back together. As before i have
1) 100 tool data error
2)408 (1 37) program error
3)22 sum check error
4?in tool data it had 111 in the lower left hand corner
5)also in tool data it had error 18 left top?
Soo. Since thats not the original hardware/software i need to find what rev. It is so i know how to reinitialize the control. Supposedly its a C but i believe the cage is a 1984? So instead of just throwing dip switches i have to pull the boards and pull jumpers.
My question is this
1) are m2 and t2/t3 reinitialized the same way(regarding the rev. Of the control)?
2)how big of a hammer do i really need?
3)it says to pull jumpers (t2 re-init) from xc1 3&4 and put on 5&6 on The fx727 board. I forgot to move them,,i just took the jumpers off so tomorrow i will get it right(hope)
4)what would i have to do to get eia option? I was dilly dallying around and noticed to load options into m32 by disk, the option info needs to match the serial no. Or it wont take or create havoc? And it seems like m2 is a eprom? Same deal, things gotta match. Ether way with sooo many boards out there how would i know if one has it? I can deal with out it using a few tricks with subs but it sure would be nice to drip feed and the mitshu book says i dont have dnc ...although dnc looks like an extra pcb? Dunno. Gotta get er going first. Lol

It's alive again everybody! So I want to thank everyone for their help and I also have a few more tricks to add if anybody's interested as for my tools out of air parameter TNC I think I got a double check on that needed to be the number of tools that are held in the carousel for the tool that a page to know how many tools that it needed to have and once I reassigned tools to the astris everything worked out fine there are a bunch of things I need to look into like tap tap parameters we always sit ours to zero right now mine's at 5 turns extra also to clear the tool data and program alarm I needed to go into Diagnostics and under wh I had to type in a few things that I will repost later because I don't have them in front of me and turn the control on and off and that cleared everything I think it was 6767 EB input and then clear the hex data and then there were two more I had to input in that fixed everything I'm going to do a proper right up later because it seems to be a reoccurring thing with people who don't have the correct parameters and have to reinitialize the controls and I just went through about 25 hours of hell and research trying to figure this out

I need the scratch this post and rewrite it considering I was using talk to text. I apologize

These tips and tricks were very helpful! Thanks guys! Once i know more about what parameter does what ill post my findings. For instance, my tool data was blank because my book doesn't show the correct parmeter . Once i input 24 , powered off and on everything started acting like it should ! Sometimes its the easiest things...
e517836c907566d23849e1c5c474b727.jpg
7ebe6b3f2e78367b6b60f1884390ad12.jpg
5ab8eb3b96c5b68f6ed6c3f0ba865e8b.jpg
af1e207b6ab5fa162ba9599a41875c2f.jpg
5f08ecd55f6db1384cfa436b62c8006e.jpg
0ee3c3dbe8a4c76f1ca8054945fac097.jpg
7fca363cca3f53d13d1e1a379122c35c.jpg
443ebc8f1cb72b157a2a12106e6af8af.jpg

Screwing around....first part off the machine....is for the machine ..haha ,,tool eye sensor. Hehehe
b3cc717288b5f45c2a0bd72495f156b4.jpg

Have you done the drum parameter change? Did you disconnect the batteries and totally drain the caps? You need to check the voltage with a multi meter and get the voltage as close to zero as you can otherwise it remembers bits and pieces and won't let things change. Don't ask me how I know. Do this first of all on all 3 boards with batteries. Once that is done then start from scratch. Load parameters (you will probably get a checksum error first so sort that out) then go from there.

Hi
Do you know how to force F3 key work after reset parameters on boards? I can't go to hidden parameter because F3 key won't work.

Thank you everybody for help.
I replace one board instead of two old boards to get IEA/ISO option. Load parameters to the machine. It takes one week due to additional parameters didn't show up. But now is everything is okay. If you know how to load parameters probably it takes two hours to get machine back to work.

Back