What's new
What's new

M32 887 Tape I/O error

oliver7

Plastic
Hi all,

I scoured this forum for 877 errors on M32 controls but could not really get good posts.

I have the same problem on two different machines:

AJV-18 Vertical Mill
H400 Horizontal Mill

Both M32 controls.

We drip feed for about 40 min. and then an 887 Tape I/O ((Check parameters for incorrect settings) error appears.

I checked all G parameters that have to do anything with getting data in and out.
G1
G10

G19
G20
G21
G22
G23

G55
G56
G57
G58
G59

I am using the http://www.highlanddnc.com/ ShopLink FLASH 2.0, "DNC in a box" as my sending unit.

Stop bits are set to 7 on the sending config file and 8 in the M32 control.

I checked all other G parameters and they matched my parameter sheets.

Are there any other parameters that I need to attend to that effect Drip Feeding?

I just talked to Jerry from Highland DNC and he suggested to take out all comments in the part file.
We are test running it again now.

Thanks for any help.

Rider7

What is your baud rate?
Length of cable?
Flow control method?

Bill

Bill,

I tried 4800 and then 2400 since I thought it might be having trouble buffering etc. although a 887 error refers to parameter settings.

Flow control method is completely controlled by the shoplink flash box by the config txt file:

BAUD=2400
MODE=7,E,2
BUFFER=128
WAITFORXON=1
EXT=txt
RECEIVE=0
RECEIVESTART=0
RECEIVETIMEOUT=99

length of cable is only about a foot.

Oliver

Update on drip feed issue:

We switched from the shoplink flash DNC box to a PC and drip feed it with CIMCO edit software.

Now we get an "806 Illegal Address" error around the same time (30-40min).

If anybody has seen an 806 error and has some input, I'd be thrilled.

I am talking to Mazak applications, but so far no solution either.

Thanks

Oliver

I realize this is from a long time ago, but did you ever figure out the solution to this? I'm using a Highland DNC as well and it works great, except for the alarm at the very end of the program like you were getting. I'm assuming Mazak doesn't like the way the program is terminating. I tried M2 and M30 and neither made a difference. It completes all the machine work, but just sits there with the spindle on and won't home out.
I'm running this on a Mplus controlled VTC200B.

I realize this is from a long time ago, but did you ever figure out the solution to this? I'm using a Highland DNC as well and it works great, except for the alarm at the very end of the program like you were getting. I'm assuming Mazak doesn't like the way the program is terminating. I tried M2 and M30 and neither made a difference. It completes all the machine work, but just sits there with the spindle on and won't home out.
I'm running this on a Mplus controlled VTC200B.

Hi GrizzlyMtn1,

we gave up on drip feeding as I could not find a solution.
W're only using it to load appropriately sized programs into the control memory now.
I'd say, in your case, take it as a win that you get your program through.

Oliver

Back