What's new
What's new

M32 Parameters for tool offets, Help

Catfish kid

Aluminum
I am working with a VQC 20-40 with an M2 and a 510C II with a Nexus control and have been using EIA on both. Now I am trying to use EIA on an M32 control and G43 uses the tool offsets instead of the Tool Data page. I know there must be a Parameter to change that but WHERE? Anybody help?

I found the F94 and I am not sure what digit I should change. It looks like F93 bit 3 may be it but not sure. Bit 2 in F94 says Tool length offsetting using G28/G30? What is that?
1st or 2nd zero return?

I only have books back to M+ but Mazak is generally pretty good about keeping parameters for Legacy... check these ones out and test them (but play it carefully!)

F93.3 = 1
(tool length of Tool Data for EIA valid)

F94.7 = 1
(tool offset of Tool Data for EIA valid) this is for comp

F94.2 is for what the control does with the tool length on a G28 or G30 command. I always have this set to "1" to remain valid. The reason why I do is because i typically will retract to HOME (G28 or 30) before things like indexing a pallet, indexing rotarys, moving to another part... whatever. This way, the tool length remains in the control buffer for those next moves. Otherwise, I would need to command the G43 again (or force a G43 if not in code) because the HOME retract command would otherwise dump the tool length offset.

Maybe I have it now.

I am comparing my Nexus book with the M32 book and I think I found it. F93.3=1 and 94.7 = 1. I am not sure but will try it Monday, opps Tuesday morning. Currently the 94.7 = 1 but the 93.3 is 0. Got to get that M32 to run G code. To many complex parts to run that would be a nightmare on Mazatrol. That and many of them are massive material removal and a 50 taper is needed. Might have to drip feed programs but I know it will do that.

Last edited:
Hello

sorry for bumping an old thread but i have some problems getting my parameters setup.

I got the tool diameter offset to use the mazatrol tool libary when i run EIA programs - i do that by leaving out the D value when i use g41

But i have set parameter F93.3 to 1 but it doesnt read the tool lenght from the mazatrol libary.. i still reads it from the EIA/ISO tool offset list.

Anyone know whats going on?

I got a mazak vqc 15/40 with Mazatrol m32

Back