What's new
What's new

M32 WPC question

SMT

Hot Rolled
When I add the wpc process to a mazatrol program, it lists it as WPC-0 x-y-rotation-z-4

It will let me change the WPC-0 to WPC-1 or whatever number. What does it do/is it for? Is it some means of quickly populating the wpc coordinates with known or commonly used numbers?

When I add the wpc process to a mazatrol program, it lists it as WPC-0 x-y-rotation-z-4

It will let me change the WPC-0 to WPC-1 or whatever number. What does it do/is it for? Is it some means of quickly populating the wpc coordinates with known or commonly used numbers?

It is the same as using G54, G55 and so on. Using mazatrol all machining operations must be grouped under their corresponding wpc, meaning no switching back and forth. Continuous tool usage throughout multiple wpc's requires tool priorities. You may also have to give a second wpc for the same location to get the controller to cooperate, or use priority delay. Sounds complicated, but after a few times it makes sense

It is the same as using G54, G55 and so on. Using mazatrol all machining operations must be grouped under their corresponding wpc, meaning no switching back and forth. Continuous tool usage throughout multiple wpc's requires tool priorities. You may also have to give a second wpc for the same location to get the controller to cooperate, or use priority delay. Sounds complicated, but after a few times it makes sense

Interesting. I have had occasion in the past to chain 2 programs together (main/sub) where each program has it's own wpc and have shared tools between both programs. I just use priority across both programs and the control jumps back and forth as needed to use the tools in the order i want them.

I still don't get what the number after the wpc does though. What is a scenario that it would be helpful to change that from 0 (default when you hit the wpc button when writing the program)

Interesting. I have had occasion in the past to chain 2 programs together (main/sub) where each program has it's own wpc and have shared tools between both programs. I just use priority across both programs and the control jumps back and forth as needed to use the tools in the order i want them.

I still don't get what the number after the wpc does though. What is a scenario that it would be helpful to change that from 0 (default when you hit the wpc button when writing the program)

We use WPC-1 for the 1st vise and WPC-2 for the 2nd vise and WPC-3 for the third vise, etc
basically if you machine the top and sides of a part and then use a 2nd vise to machine the bottom and maybe a 3rd vise to drill holes in the side for larger quantity runs. With 3 vises setup and 3 operations can be completed so cycle time will be longer. frees up more time for deburring or programming, etc
...... you can setup for Multiple setup with different offsets on the first line before WPC...... but when we draw a setup and order of operations sheet it is easier to separate in parts with WPC-1. WPC-2, etc . Also by putting a end unit temporarily at just before WPC-2 you can do a tool path check easier. it can tool path check say all 3 vises but it will zoom out (to fit it) and be harder to see.

Oh I get it. The WPC 1 etc is more for off line/setup organisation.

Makes sense.

Thanks!

Sorry to bring up an old thread... but have similar questions.
Have a mazak ajv-18 vertical mill with m-32 controller.
Machine had been offline for a good 6 months.
Brought it back up 2 days ago, had to re-initialize, and have been fighting parameters non-stop.

Getting to program assembly...
At the beginning of the program... where you would identify wpc0,1,2 etc... the g54,g55, etc does not want to populate.
In offsets... g54 shows a location... everything else is straight 0's.

Are there parameter sets that need to be changed?
Is this a programming thing were just missing and not parameter related?

If you're using mazatrol to program the G5x's don't need any info at all. It's all in the wpc in your mazatrol program.

I generally write my program and put 0's in the wpc for x,y,z, rotation and 4th axis.

After you edge find go back to your program hit wpc search, wpc measure then teach your location.

Back