What's new
What's new

machine description parameters? ST30 ATC/MC

xa-mont

Hot Rolled
hey guys,

Another thing with my ST30 - there's something wrong with how i have the turret and tailstock described in the parameters with the parameters that were in the elec cabinet.

anyone able to help out with this? not too fussed with how it looks in trace/sim etc. (though it would be good if it were a correct representation) but i can only run it on barrier cancel because it thinks i'm in the tail barrier all the time.

iQSnYYcMnZQWe4kdCMZeRf3EQHWryidK7nhqGoNLnzKMsrxxh3xDhzNi31utRFmpAAFCXtclbZI8v6PYjWqZvH8klnYNhgiS8C8jhZi-YpxD9oogad4dowjuR9_WYNZYpRqQVdPqel5BEgtCPmcKPAxI6FZ_rhTGvciJgwwhvcn7UxtwEq5QI7cjAm6-hFBL_HQU3lZaPTKLUSfAV8of8nTNVxsWeyppoJmV8dWquJ_fm9nBfQAY4Z4qOudBbXBiOzu8hUrttzop0hL_x1QJs-va_mj-ZICnY2dXw5Qe5yyT9vYUP5QSYfJ8XbKqEW-3xNLfoS2Brsd4LWeQEX5On0hS-CY6H2kL_ory2laOJvxFKz3AtpfQD-5X1uNi_okNjhqf-A3PBtStxI-SosV2VB0uM6Vz0Z402D-p1U0oOj0TRwjkqX6RKcHYr9q3hP7sjzw-r7JrstOdoeGktgCM5XRHHk_U2JyzsSh6aLLh9y5QRyPT836sYrnmU8avina5frZdSEB1HtM3j8WRYFFPRhB1Gu6AMJV06m1iaOkDnjz-NQGkcf4UxmNCnDypks-5cxbrlewBNkJW48TOR7uilapXcfbpOuQthXOSUlTvWSSIiCETyc4ulMNo2797RSgQ=w1124-h843-no

Cheers,
Trav

did you teach machine tails stock position?

T2 control, as I mentioned to you before, if memory hasnt been zeroed but you still put all correct parameters, wont work right sometimes. You have to zero this memory board and only then retype all parameters. Those funny ***** on T2 control is very very bad sign.

hey mate,

I went through the complete initialisation process before i re-entered the parameters last time, so i don't think there's anything funny going on there. and i have no ******* going on anywhere.

and i can't work out how to teach the tail stock position - the tail stock teach button seems to do nothing, no matter if i have the tail stock engaged to the turret or whatever, it just does nothing.

Last edited:
if you see tail stock on simulation page, means machine knows its reference position somehow, so it can build a picture of it. That means it is either parameter or TEACH function.yes?

yeah i would think so, and some of the parameters make a difference (like changing the parameters for the diameter of the centre and stuff like that) so i assume i've got a paramter wrong for where the tail stock is, or there's some super simple trick to teaching its location that i haven't done.

probably. but making change with params you change the shape of it. Reference location, that is something that is coming from the screen, either TEACH function or number somewhere.

I have been thinking about this for a few days now :)
The tool location in the picture is wrong
M43_1.jpg
It should look someting like this:
M43_2.jpg

That is chnged by changing the M43 parameter (Distance between machine reference point and toolsetter) and re-messure the tools in Z.

Then you might need this information
B_1.jpg
B_2.jpg

okay....lets see how it goes.
I need time to learn about your machine tailstock reference

I remember same picture until I when to page COMMAND and there was TEACH tail stock and I moved cursor to where TAIL position was and I thought it

Back