What's new
What's new

Matrix nexus 2 Overload detector and coolant off

hamaf

Plastic
Hi
I'm using the overload detector on our quick turn 2 ms lathe. Problem is, when it detects overload the machine stops feed and the spindle, but the coolant stays on. Is there a way to stop coolant in case of tool overload? Maybe some parameter? I have look'd but haven't found anything. Thanks

Hi
I'm using the overload detector on our quick turn 2 ms lathe. Problem is, when it detects overload the machine stops feed and the spindle, but the coolant stays on. Is there a way to stop coolant in case of tool overload? Maybe some parameter? I have look'd but haven't found anything. Thanks

I see it only to modify ladder. Find M relay that is connected to OVERLOAD function and the one that change its status once m/c overloaded. Then use it in front of coolant pump ON output, which is Y7.

It sounds like it is a lot of drama, but it is not

Thank you for the advice. I'll see what I can do. I think It's strange how it's setup, it should go into a reset state (with alarm showing on the screen) after tool overload. Our Okumas work better in this regard.

I also thought about setting up the "save electricity mode" or "sleep mode" or what ever it's called and that way shut it down. No luck there either, all I can do is shut down the light and the chip conveyor.

English is not my first language so forgive me if there's mistakes.

Thank you for the advice. I'll see what I can do. I think It's strange how it's setup, it should go into a reset state (with alarm showing on the screen) after tool overload. Our Okumas work better in this regard.

I also thought about setting up the "save electricity mode" or "sleep mode" or what ever it's called and that way shut it down. No luck there either, all I can do is shut down the light and the chip conveyor.

English is not my first language so forgive me if there's mistakes.

sleep mode is parameter settings. If machine has that option and ladder support it, and parameter is ON, then it should work. I will post a picture of OVERLOAD PLC logic part from older Mazak, as an example, that will make it clear. Need to find, I saw it few days ago somewhere.

Sometimes machine has PLC ladder with heaps of undocumented options , that people dont know how to use, cause in electrical diagram, these settings are empty areas.

overloag.jpgoverloag.jpg

could not attach PDF version of it. No idea why pdf file size limit is to small 20kB.

Once machine is OVERLOADED M1245 is ON, means, in any other case M1245 will be OFF.

So you just take N.C contacts of M1245 and insert them in front of COOLANT solenoid in ladder.

It is FUSION control, which is 100 years old, and your ladder will be different but idea is the same. I hope.

Your MATRIX NEXUS is next generation, based on Mitsubishi 700 series PLC. You go on line, you find Mitsubishi manual for 700 series PLC development and it tells you step by step , how to modify ladder. Make sure you backup the file before. Mazak has heaps of BACKUP tools available, or you just save ladder file somewhere on HDD.

p.s. apparently your machine can detect overload on all axises independently. M3448 will be ON once Z axis load R6064 bigger then max load D371. X axis is M3447.

then, there is P30 palce in ladder where COOLANT STOP SWITCH is connected. It is X155 and it will give pulse to stop coolant. What can be done, all those M3447 , M3448 , can be connected parallel to X155 to initiate COOLANT STOP PULSE in case overload is detected. Lots of way to programmed. But why Mazak didnt do it, puzzle.

Last edited:

Back