What's new
What's new

Matrix Nexus - Error 264: Thermal Trip

Isak Andersson

Aluminum
Hi again. I got an annoying error that I can't figure out how to get rid of.

Error 264: Thermal Trip (Single Block)

Cause: A motor on/off thermal relay switch that does not have direct effects on the machining (such as chip conveyor motor) has tripped.

Action: Check the regarding unit (e.g chip conveyor for clogging with chips) and reset the thermal relay. Adress X5, X7

1. How can I know which relay has tripped?
2. How do I reset the relay?
3. Can I prevent the machine from going into single block mode when this happens? I don't really see why that would help in any way since it has no effect on the actual machining.

Thanks!

Edit: It seems the conveyor isn't moving so I assume this is the cause of the problem. I still don't understand how I'm supposed to know which relay to reset and how to do that. Is it just like a fuse that needs to be switched or is it more complicated than that?

1. power down the machine
2. flip the breaker / disconnect the machine / lockout/tag out
3. open the rear electrical cabinet
4. look for a flipped breaker, on my machines the thermals are little blue buttons (your milage may vary)
5. you'll know you got it when you feel one of them boys click
6. flip back the breakers and power up

don't touch any wires, steer clear of touching anything that doesn't look like it's meant to be touched. Don't die, don't lick a capacitor.

Right. I flipped the relay QF14 and I didn't die! Turns out the conveyor was just clogged. That's what happens when you get stringy chips I guess.

Back