What's new
What's new

Matrix Nexus - T-Drill won't rapid return?

Isak Andersson

Aluminum
Hi folks. I'm having some issues with the T-Drill unit in my machine.

1. It's feeding on the return instead of making a rapid move. Is this some kind of parameter that controls it or is it a programming error on my part?

2. It wants to rapid only 0.2 mm from the face of the part. That's a bit too close for my liking. I assume there's a parameter for this as well but I can't find it in the manual.

3. Can I make it feed at 50% for the first 2mm? Right now it goes 100% all the way.

here's the program:

And here's the tool data:

Thanks!

I couldn’t read your program. But I have the same issue typically. I think I program it with a #2 peck then put the first and minimum peck the same or deeper than my intended drill depth

For the face clearance add a tpc and I forget which param number but it will say clearance face. Increase that to what you want.

You can also have the drill start at -.01” or something instead of 0 to make sure you have clearance on an unfaced part.

Thank you. That fixed the rapid return.

I assume you mean TC39 - Safety contour clearance - Front clearance. I have this set to 2000 (2mm). The weird thing is, sometimes it goes to 2mm and other times to 0.2mm. Like if I start in the middle of a program with the Restart command then it goes to 2 and other times it just seems random. :confused:

I wonder if there's a bug because inches are in 0.0001 and mm are in 0.001 increments. Like it thinks I really wanted 0.0001 mm increments instead. Very strange.

Thank you. That fixed the rapid return.

I assume you mean TC39 - Safety contour clearance - Front clearance. I have this set to 2000 (2mm). The weird thing is, sometimes it goes to 2mm and other times to 0.2mm. Like if I start in the middle of a program with the Restart command then it goes to 2 and other times it just seems random. :confused:

I wonder if there's a bug because inches are in 0.0001 and mm are in 0.001 increments. Like it thinks I really wanted 0.0001 mm increments instead. Very strange.

Hmm I’m not sure when I put in .12 on my machine it always goes atleast .12” away from the face.

If nothing else add some clearance like I said by specifying a negative for the drill start point

Or maybe this has something to do with the "Buffer" thing next to Position? Is there another parameter to change the buffer? 0.2 mm is making me way too nervous. :D

There is a parameter that controls what clearance it uses after facing the part. Not sure of the number but start reading through them in your spare time and it will help you a lot on knowing what the machine is doing and what you can control.

Back