What's new
What's new

Matrix rapid feedbrate question

Apologies if I’ve posted in the wrong place or if this has been covered before. I searched and do not find what I was looking for.

The machine involved is a 510c with matrix controller. I am hoping someone can help me out with an adjustment to the rapid feed rate on this machine. Long story short, I have an operator that I’ve caught several times with the rapid feed rate turned down to 50%. I am looking for a way to override the override so to speak. I know parameter M1 controls the rapid feed rate. And I know I can change R0, R1, R2 in the PLC. Is there any way, perhaps in privilege mode to change only the 50% rapid feed rate and make it equal to 100% (totally eliminating 50%)?
This way the machine could only be ran on 100% or 25% where the production numbers would take a large decrease forcing the operator to run only at 100%.
Any other suggestions welcomed (firing is not an option). Thanks for any and all help!

I have compared cycle time difference between 100% and 50% rapids several times. On programs with several tool changes (like ten tools or more) the difference in cycle time has been nearly 6 seconds, in a program running 8 minutes.

You should thank your operator for tripling the life of your machine at the cost of one bathroom trip per week. The difference in cycle times is not worth the wear and tear.

I have compared cycle time difference between 100% and 50% rapids several times. On programs with several tool changes (like ten tools or more) the difference in cycle time has been nearly 6 seconds, in a program running 8 minutes.

You should thank your operator for tripling the life of your machine at the cost of one bathroom trip per week. The difference in cycle times is not worth the wear and tear.
Interesting take. Never considered that , but it makes sense.

Back