What's new
What's new

mazak 15n battery/memory issues

Embrey

Cast Iron
so ive had this 15n (T32b)for 6 months or so. was all dead and parameters gone when i got it ,plus a bad board in the panel. once i fixed all that, all was good. made a few parts. etc. most recently it sat for 2 months. i fired it up other day and im back to square one. params all gone again. i reinitialized and got back going and all is good , but WHY did it lose memory in only 2 months? are there more than the one battery i see in left of cabinet with 3.6 V? that battery still tests out at 3.75V by the way. i just want to find the cause of whatever is causing this,as i do not wish to have to go through setting tools and cutting conditons all over again for a 3rd time . lol

I know that my QT250 has the backup battery in the panel, in the rear with all the circuit boards and such. But also, I found one behind the screen. Try looking around in there. It was the same battery as the rear panel one so hopefully this helps you!

I know that my QT250 has the backup battery in the panel, in the rear with all the circuit boards and such. But also, I found one behind the screen. Try looking around in there. It was the same battery as the rear panel one so hopefully this helps you!

if its the same one, it should be easy to find. so far, ive not seen or heard of where it would be. really didnt wanna start pulling all the cards out , but what worries me is if theres not another one. lol

think i got to the bottom of it i hope. started it up today. parameters ALL gone AGAIN. checked battery today, and its dead as a hammer. its showed 3.75 the 4 times ive checked it so far, in and out of the machine. new battery on the way, and hopefully this is done happening.

Back