What's new
What's new

Mazak 200SY (640M) B-Axis alignment

GordonBM

Plastic
Hello people,

We had an accident on our 200SY which cause the B-axis to be 0,1mm out of alignment.
However, the B-axis indexes per 0,001° and if we index it a couple of degrees, we can get it perfectly aligned.
My question is if there is a parameter that tells the machine at what angle B=0?
So lets say we indexed 0,7°, we tell the machine that's the new B-axis zero.

Thanks!

Hello people,

We had an accident on our 200SY which cause the B-axis to be 0,1mm out of alignment.
However, the B-axis indexes per 0,001° and if we index it a couple of degrees, we can get it perfectly aligned.
My question is if there is a parameter that tells the machine at what angle B=0?
So lets say we indexed 0,7°, we tell the machine that's the new B-axis zero.

Thanks!

most cnc thats called grid shift and center of index calibration. i do it weekly and or when ever maintenance work was done. on fanuc machine there is a screen to turn parameter write enable on so you can go to another screen and adjust grid shift parameters
on mazak you would have to see your maintenace manuals probably not in the operator manuals to find what screens to access

most cnc thats called grid shift and center of index calibration. i do it weekly and or when ever maintenance work was done. on fanuc machine there is a screen to turn parameter write enable on so you can go to another screen and adjust grid shift parameters
on mazak you would have to see your maintenace manuals probably not in the operator manuals to find what screens to access

TOM,

How the heck do you get anything done with all this grid shifting & excel spreadsheet work? Quit padding your post count with useless junk!!

<REAL REPLY BELOW>

What vintage machine are you working with here?

1st generation with B-axis & belt drive milling spindle? 640 MT control
direct drive milling spindle? 640 MT PRO contol
I/J series? Matrix/Matrix 2 control
1st gen e machine? 640 M PRO control
2nd gen e machine? Matrix 2 control

They're all a bit different.

If it's a slant bed style machine, shifting grid may be required in this situation, but only after mechanical alignments for the B axis are completed first.

On slant bed style, there is a curvic coupling that clamps the B axis. Mechanically align this first, then reset the B axis home position, if needed, so that when clamping/unclamping B axis it doesn't move. This is covered in one of the maintenance manuals.

Post some more info & we can be more help in this situation.

Back