What's new
What's new

Mazak 515/40 Repair

cookie54

Aluminum
Good Morning,

I have a bunch of repairs to be done to my milling machine I am looking for the following information if possible to find.

I have an issue with the bearings on the lead screw on the z axis to be replaced and was wondering if it could be purchase locally the official Mazak part number is E40TAB07DF0. Just wondering if this is a specially designed bearing from Mazak or a stock item from a local reseller .

The spindle coolant pump has a pressure switch and it faults for no reason if I crack open the outlet and let it bleed it will remain active can this be repaired or does it have to be replaced?

I noticed that the Way cover on the X axis the wipers are shot and I'm getting metal chips on the Guide rails but Mazak doesn't sell the wipers and I would have to purchase the complete covers a I would like to know if there's a place that makes them for purchase

Best regards,
Cookie

The thrust bearings should be available from most bearing houses. I think BUWW used to sell replacement wiper material. They had a list of profiles you match your old wipers to.
When you get the bearings ask for the Kluber grease. I does not take much for the bearings, about half the bearing on each side.

Thanks for the info.

The bearing number is a Mazak number my local bearing company said its not a actual part number they can reference. So I will order it and have the number for the next time it faults

Just wondering how long do these bearings normally last before it needs to be changed?

Eric

Back