What's new
What's new

Mazak 515 Help

EckFab

Aluminum
Hello, I am new to the cnc world. Setting up my new to me 1995 515/40 with an M Plus controller. I just got power to the machine, it was running parts just before I purchased it back in October of 2015. Its pretty much sat waiting for power(208WYE putting down 215 amps so I set taps to 220). I pulled the battery for 10 minutes one night to order a new one other than that it hasn't been touched. I fired it up for the first time tonight and everything seems to work, spindle movement, spindle run, gear changes etc. I do have a red alarm 370 NC table unclamp sensor malfunction. It has a Tsudakoma 12" rotary. I can unclamp and clamp the rotary click reset and the code will go away for about 10 seconds. Also I can not get X axis to home, there is no red alarm for it so im gonna try to solve the only alarm first then see what happens. I am brand new to cnc machining so im trying my best of translating what my soon to be operator found out tonight. I am very proficient in figuring things out and fixing them myself but im gonna have a learning curve on my machines (515 & SQT15M). He is proficient at programming but not a maintenence guy so that falls on me the owner lol. I appreciate any help anyone has, I have not called any techs etc. yet, was going to see what knowledge is on here first.

Im guessing it is a proximity switch in the rotary or a wiring issue going to it. There is no way to disable the 4th axis system(integrated) is there? curious. I have probably a 100 hours of cleaning and going through the machine before making parts but want to atleast get ball rolling on current alarms.

Ethan

20160126_163929.jpg

After thinking on it more I really want to make that the last move if needed. Did some more digging on her today, took the covers off the Tsudokoma 12" rotary to find a big air leak on the front side. On the back side where the air valve body is the lines are full of moisture/gunk... The pin that is tied to the clamp which actuates between the sensor posts barely moves, I can bull this stub by hand about a 1/4" but not to a full stroke. Im thinking the next step is to clean the lines and valve body out, fix the leak and then start back at step one.

Haven't got to digging on x axis not homing. Imagine its a prox switch, I hear with mazaks I need one of each switch for spares.

Anybody have recomendations for a cleaner to put in air system?? Probably a bad idea but i dont know how else to get moisture of like valve bodys on the rotary.

X axis home issue.
Is the table already on a limit?
You can put the machine in hand wheel mode and wind the table off the limit dog.
If you're getting a soft limit and not getting to the dog you need to change the M8 parameter to 10000000000 then zero it then change M8 back.

Also, if necessary you should be able to move the X-axis when the machine is off by grabbing the ballscrew and turning it by hand.

Hi,where i can find documents and description on Mazak mvt 515/40 for graduate work in college?
(sorry for my eng iam from RUSSIA)

Back