What's new
What's new

Mazak 640 T Nexus- sub spindle C axis clamp M code

Gobo

Titanium
M319 followed by M360 will orient and clamp the sub spindle on our older Mazaks. With this control, and using the same M codes, my sub spindle will orient but not clamp. I cannot find an M code specifically for clamping the C axis on my sub spindle. What am I missing?

Try M310. That works on newer controls, can't remember on the 640T offhand but worth a shot.

M210 Clamp HD1 C
M211 Brake HD1
M212 Unclamp HD1

M310 Clamp HD2
M311 Brake HD2
M312 Unclamp HD2

have you got electrical drawing for this particular mazak? At the very beginning there is M code list, ever since Matrix control they moved M codes list into machine manuals.

if you have manual , and it says you have this M360 ( strange but I saw it as OPTION) , in your manual.............and your machine has actually those pistons to clamp and stop SS. Than you have to check all electrical connection and just go into MDI , send it M319 , then M360, than find inside electrical drawing Y- output which is responsible to activate SS clamp pistons, then go to LADDER DIAGRAM ( PLC) and see if it is actually activated as sometimes it can be one of those stupid parameters not ON for you to be able to use this M code. Very easy to fix.

Back