What's new
What's new

Mazak ATC Alarm 212 & 300

Jvanman

Plastic
Operator hit the reset button in the middle of a tool change on our Mazak Horizontal Center Nexus. The drum is now cocked at an angle with the next tool that was ready to load. We haven't been able to clear the alarm or get anything to move. I'm assuming there is a sequence of buttons to push in order to force it manually, but the manual doesn't give much direction for that. We cut power and rebooted a few times to see if that would help.

Any assistance is appreciated. If we resolve the issue, I'll be sure to add the fix here in case anyone else runs into this.

Alarm 212 is "magazine Drum Malfunction"
Alarm 300 is "Magazine Shifter Pos. Malf."

Update: We were able to manually move the tool shifter after activating a parameter to add a menu option to release the break. Parameter was RB16. Bit 7 had to be highlighted. After cycling power, the menu option for the brake was there. Took a bit of force to return the tool to the magazine and retract the arm far enough to trigger the sensor.

That solved the 300 alarm. The 212 alarm is still an issue and won't clear or allow us to do anything.

Last edited:
Tengo la misma alarma 212 pero en una maquina con control M32

como referencia la maquina estaba trabajando normal pero marcó paro de emergencia y no la he podido reestablecer

I've not ran one with a drum but I assume the process is the same as ones with a chain you should just need to move the drum now. It is likely between positions and you should be able to jog it with the magazine shifter in one position or another. Sometime you get lucky and can shift it from the panel at the magazine side, other times you must do it in the maintenance menu

Back