What's new
What's new

Mazak back chamfering

Wildbillx8

Plastic
Hello all, I am running a 1996 Mazak V-515/40 with an M-plus controller. I have a issue with this machine and I am interested in trying something but not sure how to do it. First of all... the issue I am having is when I fire the machine up every morning and call up any tool.. including the probe.. it mistakes the first tool for the last tool that was in the spindle. I'm not sure why it wants to do that:crazy:. Secondly I would like to try back chamfering but I am not sure how to do that in this model. If anybody has any information on how it can be done... I would greatly appreciate it.

Hello all, I am running a 1996 Mazak V-515/40 with an M-plus controller. I have a issue with this machine and I am interested in trying something but not sure how to do it. First of all... the issue I am having is when I fire the machine up every morning and call up any tool.. including the probe.. it mistakes the first tool for the last tool that was in the spindle. I'm not sure why it wants to do that:crazy:. Secondly I would like to try back chamfering but I am not sure how to do that in this model. If anybody has any information on how it can be done... I would greatly appreciate it.

Does this machine have a battery in the control cabinet? Small Lithium battery?

*Update* okay... Since posting this thread I have learned how to do the back chamfering with a multi-purpose tool that my company has. I am new to CNC machining and did not understand how to do the back chamfering on this mill.The book I got with it does not explain how to do this process at all. Thank you to everyone who replied to this thread.

Does this machine have a battery in the control cabinet? Small Lithium battery?
I looked inside the cabinet and did not see any batteries of any kind. One of the thoughts running in my head was... how does this machine write to memory? I'm not sure if it writes to disk or if it writes to random access memory... but my thought was that if one of the slots in the random access memory was bad and it continues to write to that slot... that could be the problem. or if there is a bad spot on the disc and it continues to write to that disc that could be the problem. If anyone has further insight on this situation.. it would be greatly appreciated

Back