Mazak Coolants being used
Close
Login to Your Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Mazak Coolants being used

Hello, I have a question. What IS everyone using for coolant in their machines? I have tried a few different ones and they end up gumming up and / or leaving films and oily residue on the tooling. I am looking for something that kind of stays watery like. I use an oil skimmer in the tank as well but just not happy with the coolants so far. Thank you in advance.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    North Carolina
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Can you elaborate on "gumming up"? The oily residue you're describing is, well, the coolant. And you want it there -- it's a rust preventative.

Coolant serves multiple purposes, one of which is to provide a rust barrier for your machine and tooling. If your coolant wasn't leaving some kind of residue once the water it's mixed into evaporates, I'd be worried.

Now as far as gumming up goes, I'm not entirely sure what you mean. If you mean literally coagulating into some kind of gummy substance beyond an oil layer, that may be a problem.

To answer your question, Qualichem Xtreme cut 251C is a common recommendation for mixed metals. If you only cut certain metals, you may be able to find something more specialized.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I guess when I say gumming up I mean that the residue left behind on the surfaces is thicker than I have normally experienced in the past. I know there needs to be some sort of film left behind as a preventative. I am just not happy with what I am currently using. Therefore looking for some suggestions. Thank you for the information.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There are about a billion old posts on coolant on this forum. Search some of the old posts and you will get lots of input. The make of the machine does not matter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Trim 690xt

Programmed via Mazatrol

6. Likes Gobo liked this post