What's new
What's new

Mazak EIA tapping problem

allloutmx

Titanium
Trying to tap a 10-32 hole in a Mazak and Apparently Im too stupid...Here is my code

I keep getting alarm 909 invalid pitch for fixed tapping cycle. Can someone please tell me whats wrong with my code.

T5 M06 (DEFINE TOOL NAMES)
(MAX - Z2.)
(MIN - Z0.)
M08
G00 G17 G90 G54 X-.425 Y0.
G43 H5 Z2. T6
G95
M3 S320
G98 G84 Z0. R1. F10.
G80
M09
M05
G91 G28 Z0.
M01

I havent tried G94....yet

Have you had your coffee today?

G94 is feed/minute. G95 is feed/revolution. Right now, you are telling it to feed 10"/revolution. That's beyond the ability of an machine, so it alarmed out.

Change your G95 to a G94 and you will be ready to go.

Have you had your coffee today?

G94 is feed/minute. G95 is feed/revolution. Right now, you are telling it to feed 10"/revolution. That's beyond the ability of an machine, so it alarmed out.

Change your G95 to a G94 and you will be ready to go.

When the machine comes from the factory, it taps in IPR regardless of G94 or G95. That's why you guys aren't quite on the same page.

Wait a minute? quick nap before bed? WTF? LOL. And wait a minute again! How did you get in front of a Mazak anyways? I thought you were stuck at the HAAS? Congrats on breaking out!

I like me some tender-loin!!!

Wait a minute? quick nap before bed? WTF? LOL. And wait a minute again! How did you get in front of a Mazak anyways? I thought you were stuck at the HAAS? Congrats on breaking out!

I like me some tender-loin!!!

This turkish guy I know....he has a mill but not very savvy. Brand new too...just sits there. It is wayyyyyy faster than ye old Haas-matic.

Makes sense. The only Mits controls I've used were G95 only for tapping.

Nice parts. Does it start from a solid?
Yeah from solid. He is going to turn the last two profiles. Solid brass door knobs. I made a few extra because lord know i cant afford to buy anything like that.

Took me longer to figure out the tap cycle than it did to program the contour.

Yeah from solid. He is going to turn the last two profiles. Solid brass door knobs. I made a few extra because lord know i cant afford to buy anything like that.

Took me longer to figure out the tap cycle than it did to program the contour.
Is the 'not very savvy Turkish guy' (Erich?) cool with that? :skep:

Back