What's new
What's new

Mazak engraving software on Smooth controller

Gobo

Titanium
I was just watching a video on a Mazak dual spindle live tooling lathe. Part of the cycle is engraving on the face of the part. The video mentions that the engraving is done with Mazak software. It is at last two years old. Has anyone out there used this software? I am assuming it is just another Mazatrol milling cycle, but am not sure. Engraving was always a HUGE weakness with Mazatrol. Probably available only with a Smooth controller. I want it.:drool5:

I know it’s an option on our integers machines running smooth x controls but I’m not sure if smooth g and smooth c controls have it as an option. I just run a simple program in the windows environment on my smooth g vmc mills which outputs a eia program which I then run as a sub program to do any engraving I need to do. It would be awesome if I could do it directly as a mazatrol program but for what little engraving I do this works easy enough.

It's a software option. Available for the all Smooth controls: X, G, and C. Main software has to be up to date then it can be loaded in after it's purchased.

It adds in a new mazatrol unit as well as the G140 EIA command. You can write on the face or OD of a round part, do automatic date/time, part numbering, macro variables, etc. It shows up in virtual machining as well. Only one font at the moment, hopefully they will add some more in the future.

We just had this installed on our i200 yesterday, cost was a little over £300 plus VAT. Program has good functionality for adapting text to geometry but only one font which sucks for a machine of this specification.

Back