What's new
What's new

Mazak H400 Belleville Spring Change

will_0000

Aluminum
Well I guess this can be counted as the next project.

Around a year ago we found a second hand Mazak H400 with twin pallet. It was being sold by an ex Mazak service engineer who was working on their own now. Sold as being in great condition with everything being serviced, well what a whole lot of rubbish that was, all seems a bit deja vu. any way machine cam in found problems and started to repair in between jobs. The first job we did was replace all the thrust bearings on the ball screws as they were rusted solid and it was the outer case that was turning! The whole tool changer has been off and rebuilt again with bushes and bearings being replaced.

The machine has been great and has dramatically reduced production times and number of operations on a range of components. Now comes the bit I have been putting off, since we have had the machine I have run it with the short DIN Pull Studs rather than the slightly longer version for BT Mas as the tool wouldn't pull up into the taper correctly but they will with the shorter version.I know really bad idea. With the other issues we have found I am inclined to think that all the belleville washers are worn out if not broken.

has anyone done a spring change on this machine and know the procedure if not are there any thoughts on what stays together and what pulls out of the spindle. My understanding is that it all comes out backwards.

mazak.jpg

Back