What's new
What's new

Automatic Drill Length Compensation - MAZATROL 640M

True.Scotsman

Plastic
Machine: MAZAK MAZATECH FH-6800
Control: MAZATROL 640M

Does anyone know the parameters to control the automatic drill length compensation?

I’m guessing there would be 1 parameter to switch the automatic length comp on and off and another parameter to set the automatic drill point angle or percentage of the drill diameter.

A [CUT-ANG INPUT] function appears in the tool data page when you move down to the [LENGTH COMP.] field.
When you highlight [CUT-ANG INPUT] and enter 180 or 0 then press [INPUT] the machine automatically sets [LENGTH COMP.] to 0, but when the tool length is reset it reverts back to the automatic length comp value.

Holes in a part were drilled too deep due to the length comp being set to zero then the tool length being reset without remembering to set the length comp back to zero.
I would like to have length comp set at zero as default to avoid this happening again.

Any help would be much appreciated!

I found the parameter.

For this machine/control it’s in...

- Machine Parameters
- Table Sensor
- L44 (0:Valid 1:Invalid)

Selection of automatic setting on/off for nose position correction of a drilling tool
(Select whether automatic setting of the amount of tool nose position correction is to be made valid or invalid when entering the length of a drilling tool in the tool data or when measuring the tool length in the MDI mode.)

0: Automatic setting valid
1: Automatic setting invalid

Now that I’ve set it to invalid the machine will only calculate the length compensation when angle input is used. The length comp now stays at whatever it is originally set at rather than reverting back each time a drill is remeasured.

Back