What's new
What's new

Mazak Integrex e - 500H II tool eye wont work

Sorstronen

Plastic
Hey,
I am using a Mazak integrex e 500h II and the tool probe/sensor/eye wont update the New measurment to the console. When i bring forth the tool eye there is a NC signal that we are in measuring mode. There is also Even alarm if the tool touches the sensor. But when I enter measuring mode and touch to the sensor it Will give a beep, but it wont update the tool data for the given tool. As if it hasnt touched at all. But the Light Will blink and everything Else is allright, except that the tool eye doesnt update tool data...

Unless, when I turn on and off the Machine I can measure once in Z axis or once in X axis. For one touch to the tool eye. Never twice. And never both z and x axis.

Does someone know what the problem might be? We called a service operator but he had never seen the problem before and didnt know what to do... Also the maintanance guy doesnt know what to do...

Help

Check to be sure the target on the tool eye is not sticking. I have seen the same thing happen several times on Mazaks.

Check to be sure the target on the tool eye is not sticking. I have seen the same thing happen several times on Mazaks.

What do you mean? The tool eye targets are loving freely, tried cleaning everything several times, No change... Tried to measure several different Tools... No luck... Now we measure Tools by chims... Been going on for 3 months... Very unlycky because of several programs with automatic measurement that need to be done manually by chims... There is also alarm if you push tool into tool eye target...

3 questions.

#1 Which control is on the machine?

#2 Are you trying to set tool lengths on the "TOOL DATA" page or the "TOOL OFFSET" page?

#3 Are you pressing the "TOOL EYE MEASURE" softkey on the tool data page before make a measuring move? If that button is not pressed it will beep, the machine will stop, but no length will be recorded. That way you don't accidentally break the tool eye. Pressing reset will clear that, you don't need to restart the whole machine. This sounds very similar to the issue you are describing.

Hi guys..I am having the exact same issue with our Mazak Integrex 650. I replaced the Tool eye sensor and cables. I even swapped AP1 and AP2 with good boards we had., same results. It works and measures the first time Z or X, then will not work after that..
Any suggestions!!

Hey,
I am using a Mazak integrex e 500h II and the tool probe/sensor/eye wont update the New measurment to the console. When i bring forth the tool eye there is a NC signal that we are in measuring mode. There is also Even alarm if the tool touches the sensor. But when I enter measuring mode and touch to the sensor it Will give a beep, but it wont update the tool data for the given tool. As if it hasnt touched at all. But the Light Will blink and everything Else is allright, except that the tool eye doesnt update tool data...

Unless, when I turn on and off the Machine I can measure once in Z axis or once in X axis. For one touch to the tool eye. Never twice. And never both z and x axis.

Does someone know what the problem might be? We called a service operator but he had never seen the problem before and didnt know what to do... Also the maintanance guy doesnt know what to do...

Help
Hello there;

I am having the same issue right now with one of our mazak Integrex 650. Tool eye is not updating the tool data whenever I use it. It works only one time when the power is reset. I changed tool eye sensor and cable going to the spindle box. I replaced the AP1 and AP2 boards, same results. Since You had the same problem looks like, I would love to know what were your findings.

regards
Farid. O

Back