What's new
What's new

Mazak Integrex Issues

MacDaddy

Plastic
I have convinced my boss that the most efficient way to machine a component is by using a Mazak Integrex or similar type multi purpose machine.
Having never seen one in operation, I'm looking for some feedback on durability and reliability.
One of the things i have read elsewhere is - if buying one, buy two because when its down for maintenance they are complex so might be down longer period than anticipated.
Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
PS - looking into an E670H model.

Awsome piece of kit. There are a thousand youtube vids.
We have had Integrex machines since 2000. Love them. Very reliable. If you crash them very expensive.uploadfromtaptalk1446630163463.jpguploadfromtaptalk1446630262332.jpguploadfromtaptalk1446630374768.jpguploadfromtaptalk1446630461304.jpg

We currently have two in production, one that we are training on and will soon be in production, and one more (Bartac) that will be delivered in December. They are great machines and have made us a ton of money. We have had amazingly little downtime with them, and parts for even our oldest model are readily available from Mazak. We are fortunate to have our own man who has been able to repair anything that has gone wrong. Mazak service used to be touch and go, but has improved greatly.

I have convinced my boss that the most efficient way to machine a component is by using a Mazak Integrex or similar type multi purpose machine.
Having never seen one in operation, I'm looking for some feedback on durability and reliability.
One of the things i have read elsewhere is - if buying one, buy two because when its down for maintenance they are complex so might be down longer period than anticipated.
Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
PS - looking into an E670H model.

How do you convince your boss to get a machine you know nothing about?

I know nothing about a lot of things - doesn't mean without a little research a reasonable conclusion can't be made.
Exactly why I set up a post here - to try and gain a little more knowledge from people with the experience on said equipment.
If I went with the gear I already know - won't really be moving forward dontcha think ?

We currently have two in production, one that we are training on and will soon be in production, and one more (Bartac) that will be delivered in December. They are great machines and have made us a ton of money. We have had amazingly little downtime with them, and parts for even our oldest model are readily available from Mazak. We are fortunate to have our own man who has been able to repair anything that has gone wrong. Mazak service used to be touch and go, but has improved greatly.

I must be missing something, but your tenses does not make sense to me, or are you declaring future profits? Where did I go wrong?

I must be missing something, but your tenses does not make sense to me, or are you declaring future profits? Where did I go wrong?
Allow me to clarify. We currently have two in production. Those two have made us much money. By February we plan to have four in production, two older models, one brand new, and one almost new.

Hi,

The place I work just got an E670H and I have spent the last year learning it and making it work for us. Its an amazing machine and with the 24"+ of Y stroke you really can do anything you can think of.

If you plan on doing anything 5 axis with it, or complex shapes, remember mazatrol wont be able to help you as you will need some sort of cam software.

One downfall to the Integrex is the inability to go past 0 in X. I believe its only about .5" if that. So there is a lot of moving your index around to do everything in the X+. Not really a downfall, just something to keep in mind.

The Integrex I run has the maxtrix control, but I do believe all the new ones will have the new smooth control, and trying that at IMTS I can say I did not like it at all. The main problem is there is no keyboard, but there are ways around that. Also, some people love the smooth control, its just total personal preference.

Good Luck

David

Hi,

The place I work just got an E670H and I have spent the last year learning it and making it work for us. Its an amazing machine and with the 24"+ of Y stroke you really can do anything you can think of.

If you plan on doing anything 5 axis with it, or complex shapes, remember mazatrol wont be able to help you as you will need some sort of cam software.

One downfall to the Integrex is the inability to go past 0 in X. I believe its only about .5" if that. So there is a lot of moving your index around to do everything in the X+. Not really a downfall, just something to keep in mind.

The Integrex I run has the maxtrix control, but I do believe all the new ones will have the new smooth control, and trying that at IMTS I can say I did not like it at all. The main problem is there is no keyboard, but there are ways around that. Also, some people love the smooth control, its just total personal preference.

Good Luck

David

thanks David. Excellent feedback

Back