What's new
What's new

MAZAK Integrex - tool trace point recalculation problem

6th.techno

Plastic
Hello everyone.
I am working with MAZAK Integrex machnines and sometimes i need to machine some parts with a turning tool, using different B-angle.
We are using eia program format for our machines.

Problem that i got is when operator using measured tool in Mazatrol(tool measured in B-axis = 0°) he gets exactly those coordinates that he had progrmmed no matter what B-angle is set while machining, but when we use our eia program we get tool dislocation in X and Z coordinates in amount of tool radius ( for example: RIGHT STANDART turning tool (VCMT160402) and B-axis set to 101 degrees, we got +0.16 ).
We get all the parameters, like the manual says, to use mazatrol TOOLDATA with eia programs, but machine still didnt recalculate tool point properly.
We using T00.0M06 Tool call format in our programs.

I know i can teach tool in a different angle than 0°, but it works only for that time when we machine parts in same angle that tool was measured.

What can be wrong?
What am i missing?

Almost the same thing here, when we use EIA to cut at 0degree the OD is good, but when we cut at 90degree, the OD is +0.3mm (+11thou). Still investigating how to solve this one.

Also, we have another different OD turning tool that requires to cut 70degree, so we also have to teach at 70degree only. Otherwise, our part will get out of tolerance.

There must be a reason, I don't know yet.

with a test bar make sure that the b axis is straight 0 and 90. there are 2 parameters that it uses when calculating the tool length at off angles BA61 and BA62.

Back