What's new
What's new

Mazak integrex tooling

GMELECTRIC

Plastic
hi i was wondering if any of you owned or worked on the mazak integrex from early 2000s? are they all KM63 kennametal
or can you use other tool holders with them as well? if so which?

I believe it is slightly different than a KM63. It seems that there is an "X" designation that makes them incompatible with a standard KM63. We have an old Integrex without the B axis. It can machine with the turret in only the vertical or horizontal position.

I believe it is slightly different than a KM63. It seems that there is an "X" designation that makes them incompatible with a standard KM63. We have an old Integrex without the B axis. It can machine with the turret in only the vertical or horizontal position.
oh ok so even if it reads KM63 it might not be compatible with the integrex in my case 2001 integrex 300sy
i HAVE TO get the KM63 XMZ? ?

I believe the designation was KMZ63?????
But you are correct....there was an extra letter there somewhere.

I am 99 percent certain that is correct. I will check with our tool room tomorrow and let you know.

yeah thanks but i think you're right i bought a few KM63 already i think they'll be useless. but do you guys want to get rid of some of your old tools?

if i go to Kennametal NOVO app there is KM63 XMZ (for mazak) not sure why it's different is it the Notch or the two holes around the holder?
are these by the way hard?? ? cause i thought i could possibly get some HSK 63 holders and modify them lol HSK 63 is much cheaper tooling

Probably a stupid question at mazak aren't known to be budget friendly, but in the end would it be cheaper or easier to get a new spindle for capto it something

Probably a stupid question at mazak aren't known to be budget friendly, but in the end would it be cheaper or easier to get a new spindle for capto it something

I heard about some issues with the spindle cracking from the capto spindles in mazaks.

We have a 300 that is around 2002. It takes KM63XMZ. The Km 63 will fit the spindle fine, that part is the same. The differnce is the alignment hole around the collar. I can not remember for sure, but I believe the mazak version has an extra hole for the pin in in the tool change arm. Widia was selling them also, although I haven't bought any for a while.

We have a 300 that is around 2002. It takes KM63XMZ. The Km 63 will fit the spindle fine, that part is the same. The differnce is the alignment hole around the collar. I can not remember for sure, but I believe the mazak version has an extra hole for the pin in in the tool change arm. Widia was selling them also, although I haven't bought any for a while.

any chance of selling some of your old tools?

Back