What's new
What's new

Mazak laser path turbo-x48 - pros and cons

GuntisK

Aluminum
One of my friend is looking into buying a laser - Mazak laser path turbo-x48. What are the pros and cons of this machine? What are typical problems for these particular machines? Is it worth it? One he is looking at is in fully working condition. Need Your advice on this- hope there is some Mazak laser users (among us- lathe/milling machine guys :D ). Thanks in advance. ;)

One of my friend is looking into buying a laser - Mazak laser path turbo-x48. What are the pros and cons of this machine? What are typical problems for these particular machines? Is it worth it? One he is looking at is in fully working condition. Need Your advice on this- hope there is some Mazak laser users (among us- lathe/milling machine guys :D ). Thanks in advance. ;)

what is total time machine was running? friend of friend of mine has mazak flat laser. Panasonic resonator has a maintenance parts list. At one stage you have to replace turbine, that cost a lot. Resonator maintenance very important on this machine, or laser beam quality no good enough to cut material. Biggest problem is laser beam quality and laser beam alignment, that needs to be checked and adjusted periodically.

46770 is a lot. I heard next story. Panasonic resonator mostly made from aluminium, Chiller unit has heaps of copper parts. If people dont change cooling water periodically, or use good anti-corrosion adds, green stuff get deposited inside resonator turbine. Blocks cooling channels eventually and chiller starts to leak. Chemistry of running cooling water through aluminium and copper parts at the same time. The way I understand it.

Back