What's new
What's new

Mazak M32 Tool Height problem

cookie54

Aluminum
Hi I need a bit of help CNC and am having difficulty setting the toolheight.

I have a tool setter for the height i am not sure a 100% how to use it so i decided to touch off on the material with all tools to be used.

I was explained by a local machinist that the z in G54 must be 0. and it will pull the length out of tool data section. i did that and the end result was the machine head wanted to go up instead of down. I changed the value to a negative and got an error illegal format 401 and also Gauge line height

In my post i had a G28 and it needed a G30 for a tool change not sure if this could be the problem?

USE MAZATROL. The machine will then use the lengths, dia's from tool data.

Now your question will be 'How do I find Z for the WPC (not g54z).

Using a tool whose positive length you measured with your tool setter and entered into Tool Data, you can now touch (usually with a shim or piece of paper) the top of your part. Without moving tool, go to your program, do WPC Search, cursor to Z position, press the Teach button then Enter, and a negative number will appear in the Z column of the WPC. The negative number is the true Z distance from Home position to the top of your part. ALL WPC numbers will be negative except the theta, which is usually left at 0 unless you want to rotate the x/y coordinates about zero.

USE MAZATROL. The machine will then use the lengths, dia's from tool data.

Now your question will be 'How do I find Z for the WPC (not g54z).

Using a tool whose positive length you measured with your tool setter and entered into Tool Data, you can now touch (usually with a shim or piece of paper) the top of your part. Without moving tool, go to your program, do WPC Search, cursor to Z position, press the Teach button then Enter, and a negative number will appear in the Z column of the WPC. The negative number is the true Z distance from Home position to the top of your part. ALL WPC numbers will be negative except the theta, which is usually left at 0 unless you want to rotate the x/y coordinates about zero.

Thanks for the help.
I tried what you said and it didn't work out. Apparently there are some parameters missing 93& 94 this i was told.So for this reason it will not work in setting the tool height. I also noticed that when T1 is called it works and then when T2 is called. The machine wants to get T2 from pocket 1 strange.

I set up the machine
T1 Pocket 1
T2 Pocket 2 and so on

Back