What's new
What's new

Mazak MTV 515/40N Alarm 242. Spindel orient malfunction.

Jarlemil

Plastic
Tried to replace mitsubishi AC motor but spindle still wont orient. I do M19 and spindle spinns up rpm but never completes orient. After å while alarm 242 spindel orientation malfunction.

Can read rpms so i guess plg sensor is ok.

Speculating if the not on tension bearings have come loose.

Have anyone had this problem or can advise

Thank you

Tried to replace mitsubishi AC motor but spindle still wont orient. I do M19 and spindle spinns up rpm but never completes orient. After å while alarm 242 spindel orientation malfunction.

Can read rpms so i guess plg sensor is ok.

Speculating if the not on tension bearings have come loose.

Have anyone had this problem or can advise

Thank you

Use oscilloscope and check A,B and Z phases. A and B for rotation, Z is single pulse to manage orientation. If machine cant see reference Z pulse once per revolution, it wont be able to count A and B pulses to complete orientation ( which is parameter SP007 on MDS units)

had some issues with horizontal mill, spindle bearings were gone, PLG head was damaged in Z pulses area. Did you change motor yourself? Remove PLG head and take a pic of its front face. Then put it back ( 2 pieces of paper gap) , when adjusting PLG preamp , have +/-1.5 Volts for A and B phases. If no way to get this voltage ( PLG head is good) then gap is to big. The other thing is to use good old school oscilloscope to see A and B phase envelope (enveloping can show your bearings run out). If you really wonna do it and in doubts, I can post here step by step instruction. Thanks

Last edited:
Theres also a magnet sensor on spindle. In addtion to sensor in motor. It's inside the gears. I though this had to do with gearing orientation. Can this be the cause?

The motor is New from Mitsubishi with New amplifier card and sensor distance should be ser from factory. And since same galt om 2 Motors with different sensor and amp card. I suspekt something Else. Like magnetic sensor insider gear

Theres also a magnet sensor on spindle. In addtion to sensor in motor. It's inside the gears. I though this had to do with gearing orientation. Can this be the cause?

ohh. that is much older then I thought. Magnet sensor then tells orientation reference point. What is your spindle amplifier type??? if it is FR-SF , there is in maintenance book well explained section dedicated to orientation.

Back