What's new
What's new

Mazak Multiplex 6200-II Y

bigdon26

Plastic
No one at my job can tell me how to teach a tool on the X-axis using the tool eye sensor?

It's a "live tool" 1/8-27 NPT carbide thread mill that is 13 degrees from center line of the bore on the O.D.

My company bought the "turn key" package from Mazak so Mazak taught the tool and wrote the program.

Any help would be great.....

generally you don't need to teach rotating tools or drills on X. You just have a value that is centerline of the holder in X saved somewhere and just write that in.

Theoretically it should never change.

Best way to find that number is to sweep a holder with an indicator from the spindle.

Not sure if I described this right, but if the tool breaks and I change the tool the Z will be different and when the Z changes the X will be different every time. There is no way to sweep the thread mill with an indicator when it is 77 degrees from the chuck.

Not sure if I described this right, but if the tool breaks and I change the tool the Z will be different and when the Z changes the X will be different every time. There is no way to sweep the thread mill with an indicator when it is 77 degrees from the chuck.

so it's an angled tool holder? have you got a picture?

yeah that makes more sense - Maybe a technique similar to this could help you?

YouTube

Turn something with the 13deg angle at the face - then use that to touch off. Though it would really depend how it's actually been programmed (i don't know about the later controllers, but on the earlier stuff i don't think there's a way for the machine to actually know it's using and angled holder, you would have to lie to it) It's possible that they have just programmed it so that you touch off the corner of the tool in x and z and send it.

Back