What's new
What's new

Mazak Nexus QT-100.... what does a new one cost ?

I’m going to guess about $80 to $90k range for a bare-bones QT100. The Kentucky plant is supposedly at least 6-months out on delivery, so it could be a while to actually get one.

Check with the Mazak dealer down that way, MachineTech.

Rick Smith (I believe is the correct name) is the owner, I met him when he was still an application engineer for Mazak at their Atlanta tech center in the early 90’s.

Rick fell into a gold mine getting to be Mazak’s distributor!

The original Mazak distributor for NC, SC, and VA was Marshall Machinery — until the late 90’s when they lost it all because of “accounting improprieties”.

Mazak sold direct for a couple of years, then Rick came along with MachineTech...what an opportunity.

Are they making the 100 model in the US now? for a long time only 8"(200) and up were made in the US and 6" 100 models were coming from Singapore.

Are they making the 100 model in the US now? for a long time only 8"(200) and up were made in the US and 6" 100 models were coming from Singapore.

That’s a good question.

I had assumed Mazak builds the QT100 in Kentucky, but you may be right, as the Singapore operation makes many of their smaller machines.

Back