Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Mazak options

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Mazak options

Just a question that I've thought about for a while. Are the options on M32 controller extra microchips or are they software that needs to be loaded or just a matter of knowing how to switch them on. Just curious

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sudsy55 View Post
    Just a question that I've thought about for a while. Are the options on M32 controller extra microchips or are they software that needs to be loaded or just a matter of knowing how to switch them on. Just curious
    go to Japan, make a friend at Oguchi factory where they used to make M32 machines. LOL . I would say .. when you recover machine you reload OPTIONS floppy. You cant really reload assembler code or C code as it is huge. I would say all options are already sitting in ROM memories and floppy just gives you possibility to unlock them.

Some of those O - parameters, like enabling 4th axis and how many axises move simultaneously, are already inside your machine certificate (paper document that comes with machine), that is coming with NC and PLC bits. The problem is that PARANOID Mazaky will never let people know how to tune those O-bits , even after 40 years since development. Mediocre.......

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes I thought it would be something like that. Not likely to be going to Japan any time soon lol