What's new
What's new

Mazak Overvoltage Alarm QT15N T32-2

dshelly

Plastic
So I have 2 1993 Mazak QT15N lathes, One has run fine for over 15 years and the other keeps having issues. Machine keeps getting an over voltage alarm followed by a Print circuit alarm if you don't wait long enough when you re start it. I've had the Control rebuilt by Mitsubishi and the Spindle Drive repaired by precision zone in Chicago. My incoming line voltage runs about 250V . Both machines are set up exactly the same. On the problem machine though, if I keep the control door open and run a fan in the back, it will run all day no problem. Any ideas of whats going on? Possible fixes? FR-SF Board? Power Supply ?

Make sure your incoming transformer taps are set for 240-250 volts incoming.

Most Japanese CNC machine’s operate on 200 V internally, so make sure that’s what your drives are seeing. If they are seeing more than 220 volts, you can have problems!

And yes, the FR-SF power supplies run really hot, and are know to fail (all capacitors replaced usually fixes). Precision Zone probably only replaced a couple of bad caps, instead of doing them all. (A whopping $20 worth to do them all.)

I add an auxiliary muffin fan inside the cabinet to move air across the FR-SF power supply (SF-PW).

ToolCat Greg

Thanks for the reply, I did reset the taps on the transformer when I got the machine. I think I'm gonna try replacing the power supply first. I've looked to see if the led on it was out when the machine alarms out, it doesn't seem to but that probably doesn't mean that still not the problem may just blink off and on before I get a chance to see it.

The SF-PW led should be on anytime the main machine breaker is on...unless you have a drive alarm.

Check EBay for SF-PW power supplies (be careful, as many are in China, and it takes about a month to get something from there!)

The SF-PW30’s are an updated, more reliable power supply, so you might want to look for one of them.

ToolCat

Back