What's new
What's new

Mazak Program Storage/Transfer

Mlamarca

Plastic
Good morning. I have tried speaking to Mazak a few times, but haven’t gotten anywhere.

What system do you use to store and transfer files on your Mazak? I have a network drive, but where/how I store the files is inaccessible to the new Mazak, but is accessible to all the other machines we have. I am trying to not have to reinvent the wheel, but I may just have to get a handful of USB drives and another computer out on the floor, dedicated to the Mazak.

Good morning. I have tried speaking to Mazak a few times, but haven’t gotten anywhere.

What system do you use to store and transfer files on your Mazak? I have a network drive, but where/how I store the files is inaccessible to the new Mazak, but is accessible to all the other machines we have. I am trying to not have to reinvent the wheel, but I may just have to get a handful of USB drives and another computer out on the floor, dedicated to the Mazak.

SmoothX SmoothG? I forget how, but you need to get into the windows portion I believe.

Look into Griffo Brothers. They have all kinds of goodies related to Mazak programs and programming. Great people to work with.

It seems to work best by accessing the info on the Mazak's HD from the network rather then trying to have the controller "get" from a network resource. The control is running some version of windows and has an Ethernet connection, and shouldn't be running a firewall. "share" the Mazak C drive, give read/write/full access to your external network device, avoid using passwords during setup, enable old windows protocols on the newer system, copy/paste/create directories/etc to your hearts content. It does also work from the control but its harder as the older win systems have a harder time seeing and accessing newer ones. Obviously insure this network is protected and has no connection to the internet. I haven't tried it on the smooths yet but will in a few months. My Win 10 cad/cam station can do anything to the win95 640mt control. Be careful...

Have a look at MazaCam, their "basic" package includes program storage and programming on PC. It can also translate programs between any Mazak controls without the need to reprogram.

Back