What's new
What's new

Mazak QT-15 w/Mazatrol T32-2 radius programming question ???

rockfish

Titanium
I have a bolt with a .5 diameter shaft and a .813 diameter head. Where the .5 diameter runs into the shoulder, rather than having a square shoulder, they want a convex 1.250 spherical radius, centered 1.225 from where the .500 diameter meets the shoulder.

How would I program that ???

I've also seen some washers recently with a concave radius on them, and I have no idea how to program that either.

Thanks,

Frank

Bar Out

1) Lin C.040 Fin X.498 Fin Z ?
2) n (convex radius) Start X .498 Start Z ? Fin X .813 Fin Z ?
3) Radius Center. X0 Z 1.225 Start <-- Fin <-- Radius 1.25
4) Lin R.005 Fin X .813 Fin Z (turn back to required length)
Push right soft key, calculate.

Machine will fill in values where you enter the ? marks.

Change arrows on 3) if I got them wrong and it says auto determination impossible.

Last edited:
I have a bolt with a .5 diameter shaft and a .813 diameter head. Where the .5 diameter runs into the shoulder, rather than having a square shoulder, they want a convex 1.250 spherical radius, centered 1.225 from where the .500 diameter meets the shoulder.

How would I program that ???

I've also seen some washers recently with a concave radius on them, and I have no idea how to program that either.

Thanks,

Frank

Whenever I get a part like that I draw it up in Gibbs / solid edge / solid works or whatever you have, then just draw it up, find your starting point on diameter and length and then end point. It's amazing how smart the controller really is sometimes. Concave is the same, just choose the concave looking option instead of linear / taper.

Back