What's new
What's new

Mazak QT-8 T2 Parameters help!!

jr2766

Plastic
I have no doubt that this post will amuse many readers wondering why a old man would endeavor to get a CNC machine running. It might raise the frustration levels but it will be good mental exercise so but here goes
At the age of 77 I recently acquired a Mazak QT8 which had not been used for 4 or 5 years.
The general machine condition is quite good but almost predictably the batteries were flat and the initial alarm indicated the batteries were flat. The batteries have been replaced but all parameters have been lost.
Local Mazak people are busy servicing the needs of production shops with modern equipment so I am looking for assistance in sourcing what I suspect is a book of parameters for the T2 Controller.
I have someone who can assist me with this if required.
Can anyone tell me roughly how many parameters are machine specific.
All I have done so far is remover the parts catcher and am on the process of cleaning the gunge off the solder side of the pcb's
If I can recommission the machine the intention is to produce specialty fasteners and studs to aupport the vintage car movement.
Any assistance or advice will be gratefully received.
Jim Runciman
Perth, Australia

if you can get a generic set of parameters you should be able to get it going
you might have trouble with a couple options like tool eye or programmable tailstock but you can get by without that stuff making little bolts

Back