What's new
What's new

Mazak qt10 DB25 pin out or correct cable needed to pull program

killerbeege

Plastic
Good morning,

I am IT by trade and know absolutely nothing about CNC machines. I am helping a neighbor that runs a small machine shop in his garage with his mazak qt10. He wants to pull the program off the machine? He does have the DB25 to RJ12 cable that came with the machine.

I use to program cash registers with com ports so I am knowledgeable about building the cables and baud rates.
I was looking at this to build it to a DB9 and use a DB9 to USB adapter
https://www.amazon.com/Keen-Eye-Mod...11+to+db9&qid=1607786308&s=electronics&sr=1-8

I have searched all over and can not find any information on this machine's pin out. I have found every other machine though!

How do I connect this to the computer?
What program am I using?
What is the baud rate information?

Thank you for any help!

Good evening everyone,

I had a chance to finally go over to my neighbor's house and check out the machine.
I found this website but still having a bit of an issue. https://desk.zoho.com/portal/factorywiz/en/kb/articles/mazak-tplus-configuration-document

I opened the machine up and made sure the DB25 port was connected. The SA21-1Y cable was connected to the back of the DB25 port and connected at the back of the machine in one of the ports on the back. I forgot to grab the port number from the back so not sure if it's plugged into the correct board back there. The connectors seem to be the same on a couple of the ports.

I did find a DB25 male modular adapter to RJ45 under the control panel but did not find a female end.
This is the DB25 to USB cable we are using. https://www.amazon.com/C2G-Cables-22429-Serial-Adapter/dp/B000067RWK/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=db25+to+usb&qid=1608337222&s=electronics&sr=1-4

From my knowledge of programming cash registers, I needed to have a custom made male and female adapter with both adapters matching then use an RS232 to USB adapter to communicate with the register.

So with that said he tried connecting the DB25 to USB directly to the port and used this program NCnet Lite 12.0 Download (Free) - NCnetLite.exe but had no luck because I am assuming we need to have the DB25 male plugged into the machine with an RJ45 B pinout to a female DB25 adapter then connect it to the DB25 to USB. At the Machine, we were getting a 515 CMT MIS-CONNECTED.

We made sure his machine settings matched what we found in the Tplus configuration document.
I1 - 2 (4800 baud)
I2 - 3 (2 stop bits)
I3 - 0 (No parity)
I5 - 3 (8 data bits)
I6 - 3 (XON/XOFF handshaking)
I7 - 0 (No DC CODE parity)
I8 - 5 (IO wait time)
I10 - 1 (EOB or EOR for terminator)
I11 - 1 (CR/LF for EOB)
I13 - 0 (ISO punch, no TV parity check)
I14 - 0 (no spaces after O-number)
I15 - 0 (no spaces between programs)
I16 - 0 (no leader / trailer)
I24 - 0 (disable rewind)
I58 bit 0 - 0 (don't stop transfer at O or :)
I58 bit 2 - 0 (don't stop transfer at M199)
I58 bit 3 - 0 (don't stop transfer at M198)
I58 bit 4 - 0 (don't stop transfer at M99)
I58 bit 5 - 0 (don't stop transfer at M30)
I58 bit 6 - 0 (don't stop transfer at M102)

So at this point, it looks like I need to make him the female end of the DB25 adapter. Do I match it with the same pinout of the Male DB25 adapter?

I also came across this program which seems to be what we need has anyone used them or have another like product? DNC software. CNC and DNC settings for Mazak - T plus.

Again thank you for any help!

Mine has the same plug. I never dug into the serial com on mine. My method is much more 21st century. I take pictures of the program and save it to my pc.

Back