What's new
What's new

MAZAK QT15 parameter error issues

Embrey

Cast Iron
ive bought a basket case lathe so far and trying to diagnose what to do to get it moving again. a guy worked on it previously for the previous owner and concluded it need the mc-116 board. i have no idea if hes correct or not, but he seems confident as thats what he does for a living. at the current state, i have it powered up and it all comes on as it should. screen powers up after on button. and thats as far as it goes. not a single button will do anything whatsoever. bottom left of screen is highlighted "44 parameter error" . and on bottom right of screen there is a date and time line which flashes random numbers of dat and time for infinity and never stops. the back of the cabinet shows 37 on the drives. kinda seems like a guessing game on what to replace without being able to do anything on the screen.

Call Mitsubishi Electric Automation in Chicago. They are usually very helpful.

They build all the electronics on a Mazak, and are deeply involved with the software development too...

ToolCat

Call Mitsubishi Electric Automation in Chicago. They are usually very helpful.

They build all the electronics on a Mazak, and are deeply involved with the software development too...

ToolCat
i will give that a shot. is there anyway to reset the control im not aware of? im not familiar with this control to even know the ins and outs like i do with my other stuff.

Sounds like your back up battery is dead or in the process of dying, you will need to replace the battery with the power on, and then go through the reinitialization process for the cnc control, is it the t32 control or t2? As far as the system time and date, once you have replaced the battery and reinitialized the control, on the position page, scroll down to the time and date with the up/down arrows on the keypad and simply type in the time and date using the period or decimal point key to separate the hour and minutes and press input same applies for the year month and date as well

i would love to type in anything at all. thats the problem. not a single key does anything. im told the batteries were replaced recently after this problem was found. im sure it was powered off during that as well most likely.although...i guess if indeed they were dead, it really doesnt matter whether it was on or off at that point eh? lol. the screen doesnt respond to ANY buttons whatsoever at this point. this is a 32B

i would love to type in anything at all. thats the problem. not a single key does anything. im told the batteries were replaced recently after this problem was found. im sure it was powered off during that as well most likely.although...i guess if indeed they were dead, it really doesnt matter whether it was on or off at that point eh? lol. the screen doesnt respond to ANY buttons whatsoever at this point. this is a 32B

It does seem odd that the keys won't respond, but I would still try a reinitialization, because if it began to have issues and then the batteries were changed and the battery had indeed died and was at fault then it wouldn't have mattered if it was changed with the power on or not because a portion of the back up data would have already been lost, and they do strange things when the lose data, however if you go ahead with a reinitialization and the keys still won't function, then I would probably go ahead and replace the mc116 board and try to reinitialize again, if im not mistaken those mc116 boards can be had used for relatively inexpensive off of ebay and as also mentioned Mitsubishi Electric Automation is normally quite friendly and eager to help, they may be able to give you a few more in depth checks if none of the above seems to work

It does seem odd that the keys won't respond, but I would still try a reinitialization, because if it began to have issues and then the batteries were changed and the battery had indeed died and was at fault then it wouldn't have mattered if it was changed with the power on or not because a portion of the back up data would have already been lost, and they do strange things when the lose data, however if you go ahead with a reinitialization and the keys still won't function, then I would probably go ahead and replace the mc116 board and try to reinitialize again, if im not mistaken those mc116 boards can be had used for relatively inexpensive off of ebay and as also mentioned Mitsubishi Electric Automation is normally quite friendly and eager to help, they may be able to give you a few more in depth checks if none of the above seems to work
ok...so how exactly do i reinitialize this thing. i have some books for it, but i dont see anything pertaining to that per se

well...i gave that a shot. no go whatsoever. when i change the dip switches and power on, i get nothing. control green light comes on and when i push it, not a thing happens. wont power on whatsoever. X and Z drives show AB. if i switch dips back as they should be, it powers on. but of course ,back to like it was with 37 error showing on the drives(which the last "tech" tried to convince me is a ready state. ) so ,no response from the initialization sounds bad for me . lol

thanks. ill give that a try. switched boards today. no change whatsoever. but i kinda expected that

been though several things with mitsu so far with no luck. those of you that have ran these.upon power up, are there any lights at all on the contol buttons in the bottom under the screen. like where the overrides are and reset button area is? i have not a single light anywhere there. and of course nothing responds. i feel like this has lost parameters being one issue. but it seems something isnt allowing any control feedback or response somewhere. ive dug and dug for mouse damage in the control,but all im finding is a few shreds of paper. the 3 lights behind the keypad in the control box are not all on . the center "SD" light is not green like the other 2.

what LEDS are on the MC116?
i believe there are 2 or 3 on that board without looking. and they are green. since last post ive been digging in the control. i dont have a single light on on the control panel. but ive never owned one of these,so im just guessing that there should be at least "something" lit up somewhere. all i have is the screen. i have MON SD and RD lights on the control board. and the middle one isnt green like the other 2. mitsu says thats a problem. i have a whole spare control coming hoping maybe thats where the issue is. ive already swapped the mc116 board with no change. i feel like this thing has lost parameters, but also ,the keyboard isnt in the picture for some reason, so i have no way to get anything back yet till i figure out why

when you reinitialized did the mc116 LEDS cycle like the procedure says? did mits have you pull all the other boards except power supply and mc116 and see if the leds started flashing on mc116?

when you reinitialized did the mc116 LEDS cycle like the procedure says? did mits have you pull all the other boards except power supply and mc116 and see if the leds started flashing on mc116?
the leds cycle as they should i believe but thats as far as i can get. i have no keyboard function whatsoever at this point.they did not have me pull all the boards, no.

for anybody following, i got another control board to try. im not convinced its the right board since its from a T32-2 and not a T32-B like mine. but mits says if the board numbers are the same it will work. well, it works...sorta. i now have numbers in my rapid/spindle/and feed overrides,and MC and NC alarm lights are on. and home light is on. but i cant get off the screen that comes up at power up. it will let me enter x and z numbers on a program. and the up and down arrows work. but thats as far as ive got,as nothing else will do anything. but i also have never ran one of these particular controls in my life, so im running blind here so far.. but my 3 MON,SD,RD lights in back of the panel are now all green. baby steps i guess

Back