What's new
What's new

Mazak qt15 sub Chuck problem

bmwfund11

Plastic
I have a 1989 mazak qt15 with sub Chuck. The frenic 5000 drive is giving me a error code and will not let my mazak run. I don't use the sub Chuck and am wondering if anyone can help me with finding the parameters which could turn off the need for the machine to see this sub Chuck. Basically I would like to disable the sub Chuck. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks

Rob

I have QT15 with sub chuck option. What exactly is the error? I had a bad contactor problem and dead optocoupler in servo driver. After replacing everything works.

I have three alarm codes.
Alarm 20 NMI emergency stop.
204 Spindle controller malfunction.
255 External control malfunction.

I had a man trace the problem to that frenic 5000 drive, but not sure.

Have you seen these alarms before?

I appreciate the response.

Rob

I appreciate the response.

Rob

these are generic ones, you have to actually open electrical cabinet and see what is on 5000 drive itself. Does it have any numbers flashing or smth like that, that indicates alarm status? On Mazaks after T32 ( i might be wrong) you can see error code on diagnostic/ servo page, the number. Then you sort of go into drive maintenance manual and search for explanation,

Rob
Exactly my case. Check LED lights on servo pack and external controller- if they are dim then there is a problems with power. Measure voltage on contactor (phase to phase)- it is very possible some contact become bad (my Mazak started to work only once from 10 tryings. And all fault was due to one contactor contact.). In this case there is phase error on driver and this forbid CNC control to start normal operation. Start with simple things. ;)

I have the following code on the frenic 5000 drive.

1. OH

I don't have the manual for this drive. The red led display shows the number (1) then next to it shows (OH). Just like I displayed above.

Thanks

Rob

I have the following code on the frenic 5000 drive.

1. OH

I don't have the manual for this drive. The red led display shows the number (1) then next to it shows (OH). Just like I displayed above.

Thanks

Rob

I sort of found one for Frenic 5000 M2, very old stuff. Sort of user manual, zero information how to repair it.

"OH" alam is Invertor over heat.
1. - means only one alarm ( probably )

Remedy - replace internal fan, drop outside temperature.

p.s. if fan works and unit isnt hot at all, it is probably the board that operates the whole thing is faulty

p.s.s if you turn it earlier in a morning and immediately have this alarm, most probably main board is faulty. If you can run for a bit, them OH alarm appears, then units gets hot for some reason.

I sort of found one for Frenic 5000 M2, very old stuff. Sort of user manual, zero information how to repair it.

"OH" alam is Invertor over heat.
1. - means only one alarm ( probably )

Remedy - replace internal fan, drop outside temperature.

p.s. if fan works and unit isnt hot at all, it is probably the board that operates the whole thing is faulty

p.s.s if you turn it earlier in a morning and immediately have this alarm, most probably main board is faulty. If you can run for a bit, them OH alarm appears, then units gets hot for some reason.

The. OH alarm comes on from the very start. I removed the drive and am having repaired. Just have to find a good place to send the drive to. If anyone has a good place they trust for fuji frenic drives, please let me know.

Thanks to the persons who responded to this post......

Rob

if OH alarm comes immediately from the machine start, it is either main board is faulty, as it sense wrong data from temperature sensor, or power transistors are faulty as there is always a power going into servo motor to hold its rotor position. Even if motor is motionless, servo amplifier is still constantly looking for encoder feedback and any movement away from set-point is corrected.

I have a 1989 mazak qt15 with sub Chuck. The frenic 5000 drive is giving me a error code and will not let my mazak run. I don't use the sub Chuck and am wondering if anyone can help me with finding the parameters which could turn off the need for the machine to see this sub Chuck. Basically I would like to disable the sub Chuck. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks

Rob
Hello, If you would be so kind as to tell me which of the two controllers are for the sub spindle, Would it be the one on top, or bottom ? Thanks.

Back