What's new
What's new

Mazak Qt15 W/ T32-2 Control

arader24

Plastic
Hello All,

I was hoping some of you guys could lend a little help and advice on some issues that I'm having with a new to me quick turn 15 lathe circa 1989 equipped with a t32-2 control.

I have re initiated the control due to the back up battery going dead from it not being under power, and I cannot start the spindle in manual, I can press and hold the jog button and the spindle will start and turn, but it will not start in manual or auto, the machine gives a "250 spindle start miss-operation" alarm, the machine has had the proximity switches on the hydraulic closer removed, and I'm assuming bypassed, but i am unsure of where to look to see if the machine is looking for signal from the proximity switches or if they are indeed bypassed. the machine also will randomly throw a "15 system malfunction" alarm and will also randomly allow the axis's to move and sometimes wont, the numbers will change on the screen, but the axis's will not move, however no alarm pertaining to the axis's is present at anytime the z axis drive, however, will sometimes read "00" when it won't move, the spindle drive also always reads "r 0' during this all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Andy R.

Probably more to it than this, but have you tried starting the spindle in the closed state? If your chucking internal/external switch is reversed, it may think the chuck is open. Do your parameters appear OK? No asterisks or anything weird?

Probably more to it than this, but have you tried starting the spindle in the closed state? If your chucking internal/external switch is reversed, it may think the chuck is open. Do your parameters appear OK? No asterisks or anything weird?

Nothing strange with the parameters that I can tell, have tried internal chuck, external chuck chuck open and closed both ways, no luck, the lights on the operators panel indicating the condition of the chuck light up and change both ways, but no such luck with the spindle

On the tailstock switch on the control panel there are 2 green lights

When you retract the tailstock you need to hold the switch in the retract position for a few extra seconds and it will flash then stay on solid

If that retract light is not on solid then the spindle with not start but will jog which is what you are experiencing so I’d suggest trying that as I had this exact issue when I bought mine last year

Also in the parameter go to machine parameter R49 bit 0

This is for *chuck stroke confirmation use*

0 = do not look for chuck sensor confirmation
1 = do look for chuck sensor confirmation

So try setting this to 0 if it isn’t already

Hope that helps

Thanks
Marc

On the tailstock switch on the control panel there are 2 green lights

When you retract the tailstock you need to hold the switch in the retract position for a few extra seconds and it will flash then stay on solid

If that retract light is not on solid then the spindle with not start but will jog which is what you are experiencing so I’d suggest trying that as I had this exact issue when I bought mine last year

Also in the parameter go to machine parameter R49 bit 0

This is for *chuck stroke confirmation use*

0 = do not look for chuck sensor confirmation
1 = do look for chuck sensor confirmation

So try setting this to 0 if it isn’t already

Hope that helps

Thanks
Marc

Tailstock retract light is lit and parameter r49 bit 0 is 0, still no such luck, I also see the system time on the position screen keeps constantly scrolling or changing, does that indicate anything? Machine also keeps randomly alarming out for 15 system malfunction

I should also add that the machine has a switch for a parts catcher and the bottom light is lit for that, I try moving the switch either way but nothing changes there

I dont think it matters on mine but have you homed the x & y axis before hand so the 2 green lights come on

I think it will be down to the chuck open and closed sensors

They are around £60 each so not too expensive to buy a couple and set them up

I dont think it matters on mine but have you homed the x & y axis before hand so the 2 green lights come on

I think it will be down to the chuck open and closed sensors

They are around £60 each so not too expensive to buy a couple and set them up

Any idea on where the senor wires should be connected inside the control cabinet? How about the 15 system malfunction alarm or the system time issue?

I would have to look at my
Machine sometime to try and chase the sensor wires

The “15 system malfunction”

D769038B-5C52-48D0-A8FD-446CEECD8798.jpg

B9C6DFD4-8F55-45B9-B2CE-9F15A0132982.jpg

Back