What's new
What's new

mazak QT15n T32B need help programming a part

Embrey

Cast Iron
ive run this mazatrol 32B very little since i bought it, but im getting the hang of what it wants to make a program run. the couple things i cant get past though. first, when im writing a program and forget something.cant figure out an easy way to insert a step between something. andmainly i cant figure out how to delete a line i dont want. ive had to rewrite a couple programs because of a bad line i decided against using.
and the other thing. due to this not having G code, (that i can find anyway), is there any way around getting it to use a parting tool to cut my part off at the end of a program? only thing ive been able to do is run a groove process,which is not very ideal,and kind of tricky. lol

This is a WAG but am pretty sure older Mazatrol versions are close to same as newer versions based upon experience at Mazak school.
INSERT
Go to line below where you want to insert. Right soft key should bring up more/different soft keys. INSERT will be one of them and it will insert above where the cursor is.
DELETE
Right arrow key again. Cursor must be on the line to be deleted.
Right soft key brings up a lot of useful editing tools.
Maybe this helps.

If you really need a G code, write a Mazatrol manual unit. But you should not have to . You have access to several different grooving cycles and one of them should work.

I'm no Mazatrol expert, but I do have a Mazak lathe and I can run it. It may be a bit different than yours, as it is a few years newer, (640 Nexus), but the operations should be similar.

Inserting a line. Cursor down to the line below where you want to insert. Use the far right soft key to get to the menu that has the "insert" option. Press insert, then on my machine pressing "1" and input will add a line above the unit you have selected. If it adds another line to the unit above (it likes to do this on bar ops) instead of adding a new unit, press "shape end" and it should add a new unit.

Erasing a line of the program should be as easy as having your cursor on the main unit of the line you want erased, then soft key to the second menu where there is an "erase" key. Press it and hit input and it should erase the line you have the cursor on.

As far as parting off, you need to teach a groove tool as an OD groover with the correct geometry, then select groove out for the program unit. On my control, options 4 and 5 on the numbered options for style of groove are for parting off, and it allows you to choose which side of the groove gets a chamfer.

If you really need a G code, write a Mazatrol manual unit. But you should not have to . You have access to several different grooving cycles and one of them should work.

can you clarify what you mean by manual unit?

This is a WAG but am pretty sure older Mazatrol versions are close to same as newer versions based upon experience at Mazak school.
INSERT
Go to line below where you want to insert. Right soft key should bring up more/different soft keys. INSERT will be one of them and it will insert above where the cursor is.
DELETE
Right arrow key again. Cursor must be on the line to be deleted.
Right soft key brings up a lot of useful editing tools.
Maybe this helps.

yes that does help. i guess i just didnt quite get to that button to try. lol. ill check that out. i knew it was there somewhere. im just not used to it yet. thanks!

Hi

I also have a Hyundai QT15n with a T32B control without g code/iso option.

For parting off you just use the grooving cycles,

I always use number 4 if I remember right that puts a back chamfer on the part before parting off,

As mentioned if you need a
Manual line of 2 you can write 1 with the manual code selection, I use this to write my bar pulling cycles

Let me know if you need to know anything specific

Thanks
Marc

can you clarify what you mean by manual unit?

When using Mazatrol you can write a Mazatrol unit or what is called a manual program. You can mix the two types of units in the same program. When writing a program, fill in the first line with the usual stuff, OD max, etc.
On the following line push your far right soft key to change your menu. You are looking for Manual Program, or Manual Milling Program if you have milling capabilities. You may have to push the far right soft key twice. Chose Manual Program. The first line in the Manual Program will ask you for a change point. This determines if the turret moves to a safe tool change position before indexing to the selected tool. A "1" instructs it to move to a safe position. A "0" and the turret will index to the selected tool without moving to a safe position, possibly resulting in a crash. 99.9% of the time, I will use a "1". The next question is gear number. Even if your machine does not have gears, select "1". On some controls if you dont select 1 you will get an alarm. The next question is Tool N0. You will enter the tool number for the geometry you are programming. I believe a T32B will also ask you for a tool ID . If you have multiple tools described in your tool file under the same number e.g. T6 and T6A, you will input the proper alphabetical suffix. After the tool number, the cursor will drop down and you will see a menu with all (or most of) the G-codes you are used to seeing. You should be able to work it out from there.

When using Mazatrol you can write a Mazatrol unit or what is called a manual program. You can mix the two types of units in the same program. When writing a program, fill in the first line with the usual stuff, OD max, etc.
On the following line push your far right soft key to change your menu. You are looking for Manual Program, or Manual Milling Program if you have milling capabilities. You may have to push the far right soft key twice. Chose Manual Program. The first line in the Manual Program will ask you for a change point. This determines if the turret moves to a safe tool change position before indexing to the selected tool. A "1" instructs it to move to a safe position. A "0" and the turret will index to the selected tool without moving to a safe position, possibly resulting in a crash. 99.9% of the time, I will use a "1". The next question is gear number. Even if your machine does not have gears, select "1". On some controls if you dont select 1 you will get an alarm. The next question is Tool N0. You will enter the tool number for the geometry you are programming. I believe a T32B will also ask you for a tool ID . If you have multiple tools described in your tool file under the same number e.g. T6 and T6A, you will input the proper alphabetical suffix. After the tool number, the cursor will drop down and you will see a menu with all (or most of) the G-codes you are used to seeing. You should be able to work it out from there.

ah...ok. i ended up there the other day, but didnt know what i was doing. i got almost to the end and bailed. thanks a ton! .that is what i was looking for,and will come in so handy .

Back