What's new
What's new

Mazak Qt28n Mits drive acc/decel parameters

Madmaxx57

Plastic
Hey everyone,
I have a Qt28n. Every 2 yrs or so the X-drive goes out. It's always the regen resistor/ or its components. I do have the external braking resistors for both x and z drives. I have a backup drive that we put in and send the dead drive out for repair. The drive is a MRS1-80-E01. I'm looking for the parameters to slow down the x-drives accel and decel moves. We only run this machine on 30% rapid as it is but I'm hoping softening the accel/decel to help the drive last alittle longer? I'm also thinking about just getting a MRS1-100 drive for it to see if that would help. But for the moment I'm looking for the acc/dec parameters. Mits was absolutely no help? A very long call without any answers. thanks for the help!

Make sure the voltage going to the drives is 200 +/- 10 volts!

Sometimes you have to change the transformer taps to drop the voltage down some, to get as close to 200 as you can.

The spindle and servo drives do not like high voltage! They are not designed for 240V, they are designed for and are happiest at 200V.

ToolCat

Make sure the voltage going to the drives is 200 +/- 10 volts!

Sometimes you have to change the transformer taps to drop the voltage down some, to get as close to 200 as you can.

The spindle and servo drives do not like high voltage! They are not designed for 240V, they are designed for and are happiest at 200V.

ToolCat

Ahhh I will check the voltage to see where its at. thanks for the heads-up on that!

Back