What's new
What's new

Mazak QT30N problem

mateo91

Plastic
Hi everybody,

My board PD21B which is power supply in my lathe Mazak QT30N break down(probably). Small cooling fan above the board suddenly stops. I suppose that it is power up from that board, so there is the problem. Machine can be turn on, but I'm not able to make any action. Even light inside lathe doesn't turn on. Additional sometimes when several times I turn on and turn off my machine cooling fan starts rotate and then everything is ok but after 30 minutes machine again goes bad. There is several errors on the screen for example 201 or 128(Emergency is not pressed so why?).

I have checked already every volatage and everything is ok. I also changed the cooling fan for new one and problem is still the same :confused:

Do You know If it's the problem with Board PD21B or maybe You meet such problem?

Regards

What control do Your machine have? If thats T-2 or T-3 (might be the same for newer machines) then error 201 is NFB (NO FUSE BREAKER) TRIP- You should check for these. It is possible that somewhere is a short circuit in electrics. For power supply check electrolytic capacitors in it- for switched power supplies this is the first thing that goes dead. Then sometimes it is possible to power it on, but usually not- it then looks like supply is shorted.

Control is Mazatrol T32B. This is an 26 years old machine.

I have already checked a lot of fuses. Every of them is ok.

In my first post I didn't write it but every time after turning on the machine there is a list of errors:
201-breaker trip
207- ext emergency stop
221- turret. clamp sensor malfunction
224- chuck sensor malfunction
128-emergency stop

Different errors indicates that problem is global(in my opinion) so my first suspect was board PD21B... don't know if I'm right

Just a quick thought- check relays that are used for emergency stop. Sometimes contacts goes bad and then machine starts its own life. Other thing- check +24V power line.

I have soldered all capacitors on the board PD21B and it works ok. +24V power line also ok. Every relay in the cabinet checked.

Don't know what to do:( seems that somwhere is short circuit

Back