What's new
What's new

Mazak QT8 Electrical Cabinet Questions

Chips Everywhere

Cast Iron
I finally got my Mazak QT 8 (1988 T2 Control) delivered. I started to pull the boards to replace the batteries and was only able to find 2. I've read some post that some machines have 3. Is there another place that the battery maybe located or are batteries only located on the boards?

I've seen few post of relocating the batteries to another location away from the boards. From what I understand, this is done so that they maybe changed easily, use a higher capacity battery, cost less and no potential battery leaking on the boards. Is this correct?

After I removed the batteries from the boards, I noticed that I had a plug that was not connected to anything tucked under the board rack. Does anyone know what its for? Is it for a option that my machine does not have? My machine came with a LCD screen retrofit, not sure if this helps figuring out what the cable goes to.

The plug has 17-CNl1 written on it and the cable has a tag that reads CF204. This plug looks like it can plug into the FX701 board, but it looks like it was never plugged in there.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

IMG_7462.jpgIMG_7464.jpgIMG_7463.jpgIMG_7470.jpgIMG_7460.jpg

Don't worry about the extra cable, my T2 machines all have it laying there unplugged. Maybe to hook into an external PC...?

Your T2 rack may only have two boards with batteries. Especially if you have the single FX884 instead of dual (and earlier versions) FX784-8 and FX784-9 boards.

ToolCat

Don't worry about the extra cable, my T2 machines all have it laying there unplugged. Maybe to hook into an external PC...?

Your T2 rack may only have two boards with batteries. Especially if you have the single FX884 instead of dual (and earlier versions) FX784-8 and FX784-9 boards.

ToolCat

Thank you for the reply. Glad to know I am not missing something.

Back