What's new
What's new

MAZAK QT8 T Plus Help!!!!

James394

Plastic
Hello. I have a QT8 with a T plus color control with graphics.

I don't use the machine often, (it has under 1000 hours on it since new in 1998) but for a while now, I had to turn it off and on a few times before it would "catch" and power up. It's getting harder and harder to get it to start. Here's what happens....

I turn the main power on, and all the fans run normal. Then when I push the control power on switch, it takes a few seconds and I get an empty white framed box on the bottom right side of the screen, and the only other lights I get are the line of red zero's for spindle and feed. The hydraulic pumps don't come up or anything.

Usually, if I turn it off and then back on a few times it will start, but I can't be sure it will start at the moment I need it. Sometimes it takes me a couple hours of trying, and letting it rest, then trying, and letting it rest before it will finally power up. mybkexperience

If there's anyone out there that really knows Mazak, can you please help me get this solved so I can count on my machine again?

Last edited:
The spindle amp should be a FR-SF.
The module at the top is the power supply.
When working, there should be an LED that is visible inside.
If it is off when not working, insure that you have all 3 phases of power to the FR-SF.
If the power is good, I would replace the power supply first.

Bill

The T-Plus control has the MDS drives, so no FR-SF spindle drive.

It is possibly your 24v power supply (sometimes two)--- a little black box that takes 100v ac and converts it into 24v dc. This 24v circuit is critical, without it the machine will not power up completely. So, check this first.

Next is the NC power supply board, which is the QX084. If your 24v power supply is working correctly, then it very well could be the QX084. You can have it rebuilt, or source a spare on Ebay. It has a series of LED lights that should be green when it is on.

Good luck with it,

ToolCat

Last edited:
lights I get are the line of red zero's for spindle and feed

having been through this over last couple weeks, for me, if i got the red zeros that means that the qx084 nc power supply is working, i would put money on the 24v power supplies (in blue circle)

ps.JPG

Back